SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

View attachment 76840

This afternoon -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline P30 (1)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Santa Maria Fiore
balm - Weleda.

Eleven day growth coming off - I finished my Leaf Twig experiment after eight shaves, rather than the ten I proposed, as I felt I had learned all I was going to about the razor. Bottom line - excellent for me in pretty much every respect and a keeper. Thanks to the generosity of friends on the forum I have a selection of AC standard blades to try and wanted to return to this sort of razor after quite a hiatus - Colonial General and ATT SE to follow. With this much beard to take off - let's start at the top of the food chain with the Cobra. What's the worst that can happen? :) A razor that enjoys a certain notoriety - which it fully deserves. I bought mine many years ago when they were still in production and I didn't know what I was doing. Cut myself up a treat and it went to the back of the den. Rediscovered about a decade later when I had actually learned how to shave properly and what a razor it is. It does require the best of prep and surrounding cast - no muscle memory here for me - total concentration at all times, but it will reward you with the closest of shaves. I enjoyed that - I hope you enjoy yours - cheers - I.

Thanks @Paul L & @Boycie83
11 days taken down in style!
Your Cobra makes me feel afraid Ian, very, very afraid!

66CCCE67-7BFE-45B7-8DB5-E87F564E2FDD.jpegRazor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Turn n Shave 28mm Boar
Soap = The Watchman By Zingari Man with matching Splash & balm.

Absolutely first class shave tonight
The weather in Norway hs been pretty stormy with a lot of rain over the past couple of days so i opted for the appropriate The Watchman.
A Cold Water shave and first cold water shave in a while & it turned out fantastic.
Every time i have a cold water shave i absolutely love it then i forget all about it and go for a warm shave next time around.
i guess i’m a creature of habit.
Third & last use for me on the London Bridge but i reckon i could get another 2 possibly 3 shaves no problem.
I’m looking forward to the next couple of days i have two colleagues arriving in norway with contraband for me
namely some shaving soaps lol
My wife made the effort and went to their houses with my parcel.
Onwards & Upwards Lads
Take Care & Stay Safe

E8A246EE-AE29-475D-BEE8-77643E41A723.jpeg

Warm rinse and Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic
RazoRock Blue Barbershop soap
Claymore V1
Schick Proline (1)
Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, RazoRock Blue Barbershop aftershave and Bart’s Balm Peppermint balm

A sublime and refreshing shave this evening. 3 incident free passes with a BBS finish.

I’m sure the Claymore thinks it’s day are numbered as I patiently wait for it’s new sibling, the Evolution, to arrive through the letterbox. The shaves it has been giving recently are unsurpassed.

A really fresh and clean scent from the RazoRock cream and splash.

Have a great evening folks!

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Vintage Cube handle, TGN 2-Band
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Krect Shave Gratiot Slant
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Myrsol Blue

SOTD_20210914.jpg

SOTD_20210914_1.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tuesday 14th September

Soap • Signature Soaps Coria
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • ATT SE1 Aluminium
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Lynx Dark Temptation ASL

My first shave with a new to me ATT SE1 fresh from The Emporium, thank you @Boycie83
A fresh Protouch MG on board, It was immediately apparent that this razor is very smooth.
Given that it's a relatively light razor, I was surprised that I didn't feel the need to apply any real pressure which could lead to irritation.
First pass seemed to be over in a trice, and it was apparent that this is an efficient razor.
Second pass ATG (my usual routine) again, was a fleeting affair. BBS finish - even on the neck area (multiple growth direction sometimes takes a little extra work)
First impression after one shave is that I will get on well with this capable lightweight SE.

Wed 15 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 24mm Synthetic Clear Handle - New & Very Nice!
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 8th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm with some Frost Drops...
Awesome aromatic cigarish tobacco scent! One of my favorite! The lather was creamy and slick too...
The shave with razor paired with this continuing blade test was still ok for 3passes without any issues but can feel the blade is not as good. Can feel some chattering. The result was dfs to ccs. Matching aftershaves were awesome as well!!
20210915_133452.jpg

A bit bloody rubbish lately with presenting my shaves, what with work work and more of the same. So this SOTD is presented to you poor souls having to read my tripe in a magnificent (and lazy) double header themed 'Big Sale, Big Sale, two for the price of one'

20210912_184336.jpg

BOGOFF - Brass General
50% discount - Feather Super Professional
Bargain basement - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
10p bargain bucket - Moon Soaps Sorrento
Special offer - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

20210913_190142.jpg

Flash sale - ESC Claymore Evolution
Price match - Kai Captain
Promotional offer - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Buy two get one free - Captain Fawcett's
Steal all you can - Ermenegildo Zegna acqua di bergamot

Welcome, welcome, welcome. The doors are open and for one day and one day only we have the great SOTD sale. Get two SOTD days completely free. Yes you heard that correctly, completely free! No gimmicks, no catches, no pounds, no pennies, no Emporium pricing policies or @Boycie83 hard selling. I won't even charge you for the pixels used on my phone.

And first up you get read free of all costs is the brilliant bold and brassy General. Feel the quality it eludes as it glides through the stubble with uptmost ease through the sea of Sorrento lather leaving a smooth and exceptionally fine finish. Relax in the thoughts that the fantastic Feather blade will deliver with a finer edge as you could ever wish for without leaving those annoying weepers and cuts. No, this shave will have you reaching for the glorious Goutal to round off the most heavenly of shaves.

And to finalise this super offer is that new on the shelves product the excellent ESC Claymore Evolution. This free to read about ravishing razor comes complete with the Kaleidoscopic Kai Captain. Because Captains are great. And something to do with cardboard tubes full of beads and mirrors which I don't quite understand, but aren't Kaleidoscopes wonderful? No discounts here on the lather as you will receive more than you could wish for from yet another smashing Captain and a complimentary barrel of Whiskey. Delivery far quicker than Amazon or the Post Office and an instantaneous service will see your face smoother than any baby's bottom or a garden slug. Slug Super smooth. And why not finish it all with an air of
Ermenegildo Zegna acqua di bergamot? More word value than Boss and more exclusivity than YSL. Even if it is piss weak.
Heaven awaits. Oh yes it does

And to end this wonderful day of special offers you can have two pairs of shoes for the price of one. Yes, two pairs of Puffyshoes. Bizarre? They are

Oh, and I love you all :love:

SOTD 2 (2).jpg

Pre - Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
Soap - Ariana & Evans The Undersea
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Bowl - Stirling Soap Co. collapsible / travel lather bowl
Razor - Razorock SLOC
Blade - Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless ( Russia ) (3)
A/S - Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
A/S Balm - LEA 3in1

The Proraso Green pre-shave gives just enough menthol kick to last me through the shave.
My second shave with the SLOC razor and again it was excellent. 3 passes and pickups. Very comfortable and close.
My first use of the Stirling travel bowl. Created a brilliant lather in no time.
Seems well made, decent size, collapses flat and for travel its spot on. Great product.

Back
Top Bottom