SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Thursday AM 2021-04-15
National Rubber Eraser Day
BD3uXZT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Rose Essence Oil/Hydrosol
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (16)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave

The rose essence sweetened the Turkish bath quality of the shaving cream very nicely, and the dense warmth of the aftershave finished things well.
dJQVVap.jpg

Thursday 15th April

ACtC-3eZkLdQsPhiIFq87NL_7h3Li-70-CwixCP8WYq1OX4TLWdey31sPnnp2qej5PwInNc8bJVepJ4NcAUox-1T9MkNtZnNTp_aghn-sKg1yAwlV7Cfm7s0MCKkMClyHg5z54Q6rKYBJWU2Q2unzRb226rp9A=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet
hjm Professional (Boar)
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
RK Stainless (1)
Floïd Mentolado Suave Aftershave

Yesterday's shave with the Centwin Super Platinum from Malhotra, despite being laughably not sharp it was smooth, comfortable and very safe, and left me with a lovely post-shave feel and overnight regrowth! Tonight, first go with another Indian blade: the RK Stainless.

What a twisted thread has woven the Malhotra tapestry! And I only looked into it to try to find out who Tigaksha Metallics are, the folks behind this RK Stainless blade ...

It seems India's first family of razor blades, the Malhotra Empire, founded by Harbans Lal Malhotra ("HLM") had an internal split in the mid-1980s whereupon Harbans Lal Malhotra left his namesake company together with son Rajinder Kumar Harbanslal Malhotra to found SuperMax. That's where Tigaksha Metallics fit in - they're a subsiduary of SuperMax and appear responsible for SuperMax's disposable razors while Vidyut Metallics make the double-edge blades.

So, why have another blade made by an apparently competitve subsiduary? Why else than to honour your founder, which I guess "RK" refers to Rajinder Kumar.

But how was the shave?

The blade itself is a simple stainless blade and from the off delivered a good enough single pass shave. It's sharp, but not overly so; certainly not dull feeling. While it did mellow, that sharpness was maintained throughout the shave. Result! Compared to other blades, the comparison is obviously going to be against the SuperMax stainless. I must confess, I'd rather hoped to have found perhaps the folks behind the elusive and quite excellent Rise Stainless (marketed by SuperMax), but no ... it's a tick or so below the worst of the SuperMax stainless blades and at this point catches a 6.7 (out of 10). For the sake of comparison, the basic Vidyut/SuperMax Econonmy Stainless is a 7.9, the Indian Gillette WIlkinson Sword a 6.9 and the Vertice/Gillette Winner Stainless finally pulled a 6.8 for me.

Naturally, I'll enjoy another shave with this half of the blade tomorrow ...

Shaved. Shaved well enough. Nothing special.

Last edited:
Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 6 )
Blade = Astra Sp
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Ariana & Evans Sol Cal Hipster with matching splash
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub.
Well we’re all different as they say and probably never a truer word spoken.
Today i had one of the worst shaves i can remember infact it was so bad i cut myself more than half a dozen times.
I knew last year i didn’t like the astras weird i know but 12 months later i thought right i’ll give them another go then and that’s when i realised i hated them the first time round.
Hey ho perhaps setting 6 was to much for it.
Onwards & Upwards
F99A46DC-9E6F-4EE9-B054-6B4A8FAD5CAB.png

Sotd-15-04-21.jpg
Harrygammi # 11 - Tapir with a Cough - existentialist motifs in the Amazon - Covid as avatar for Bolsonaro - and the rain forest - de Gotterdammerung.

@Satanfriendly - I'm really proud of this bit of work - I think the form might need to become more internationalist and political? Either way - with me being signed up by the Tate - suckling from the teat of mammon - I can't show you it without being sued. :cool:

This afternoon:

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (6!!! - and out)
brush - Chubby one - best
soap - PAA CaD (no, that isn't a typo - that's how it is capitalised on the label) - vegan
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - two in one
balm - none needed
scent - L'Occitane Vetiver edt.

All good and excellent - six shaves from a Kai blade - who would of thought? Still comfortable today but I'm not going to push it. As said before - for me - Feathers done right. Although it should not matter - I like the fact that once you get beyond the outer packaging - there is no branding whatsoever. Another great shave off the rank - I wish the same to you all - yours - I.

View attachment 68240
Harrygammi # 11 - Tapir with a Cough - existentialist motifs in the Amazon - Covid as avatar for Bolsonaro - and the rain forest - de Gotterdammerung.

@Satanfriendly - I'm really proud of this bit of work - I think the form might need to become more internationalist and political? Either way - with me being signed up by the Tate - suckling from the teat of mammon - I can't show you it without being sued. :cool:

This afternoon:

soap - PAA CaD (no, that isn't a typo - that's how it is capitalised on the label) - vegan
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - two in one
balm - none needed

All good and excellent - six shaves from a Kai blade - who would of thought? Still comfortable today but I'm not going to push it. As said before - for me - Feathers done right. Although it should not matter - I like the fact that once you get beyond the outer packaging - there is no branding whatsoever. Another great shave off the rank - I wish the same to you all - yours - I.

Black paper crumpling on a black background?

Originality appears to be the theme

Where the fuck is the Tapir?

View attachment 68240

This afternoon:

post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - two in one
balm - none needed

That’s a great picture. I’m sure I’ve seen it before though. I’m sure it’s an extreme close up of the planet Uranus?

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 6 )
Blade = Astra Sp
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Ariana & Evans Sol Cal Hipster with matching splash
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub.
Well we’re all different as they say and probably never a truer word spoken.
Today i had one of the worst shaves i can remember infact it was so bad i cut myself more than half a dozen times.
I knew last year i didn’t like the astras weird i know but 12 months later i thought right i’ll give them another go then and that’s when i realised i hated them the first time round.
Hey ho perhaps setting 6 was to much for it.
Onwards & Upwards
View attachment 68241
That’s what makes this game so great though Mike isn’t it? So many variables, settings, blades etc. Everyone’s face is so different. I find the 6S mild even on 5 or 6. Funny old game this shaving malarkey.

Back
Top Bottom