SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Sun 11th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather Professional 2nd use and somehow much more silky smooth!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
Wow-soap!! 1st wow is the intoxicating scent, 2nd wow is the cooling sensation and the last wow is the thickly creamy and slick lather...superb!!!
Shave with razor paired with 2nd use blade was much better than the 1st... silkier smooth and more comfortable. Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a mostly BBS result. A very nice & sharp blade this Feather Professional (I realized today a few hours after shaving how sharp it was because I found some micro-cut lines at the jawbone "below the ear' area as a result just putting the blade to my skin from going atg yesterday-no bleeding at all surprisingly). Very nice cooling aftershaves too.
20210410_204906.jpg20210411_083415.jpg

SOTD : 11th April 2021.

78.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's Goat Milk Shaving Soap.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum.(D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings ,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +.3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...It's a while since i last added the Baili BD 191 .to my razor rotation...The "Tech closed head design" gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving...The weight of the razor makes it 'top heavy' of which for me i don't mind, because the hefty weight does all the work with no pressure is needed when shaving.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

11/04/2021

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx Original
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Finest 2B
Soap: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber
ASL: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber
ASB: None

IMG_20210410_194037.jpg

First shave with the pass around Carbon and the original plate. I've started with this plate as it's the one I'd gravitate towards if I was to select a single plate of the 3.

I really like the audible feedback from this razor. I can feel the blade but it's at that sweet point where I can manoeuvre the razor easily and without fear.

The R2 handle was the most aesthetically pleasing to me so I selected that one to use. It feels nice in the hand and suits my delicate hands.

Hi! Shave #20:
S9vn3Eo.jpg

Pre: Homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Koko Nudo by Xavieiro.
Brush: RazoRock 400.
Razor: Parker Variant.
Blade: Shark (#2).
Take care and have a nice day!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 11th April 2021

Shave Score 9.95/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: TFS - Vecchia Torino
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: TFS - Vecchia Torino
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balm - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

BBS, super quick, super easy, super comfy, super close, in fact it was super :)

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

730DB027-350B-47B1-B374-358A3C0D9DB5.jpeg

11/04/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor: R94 Mühle Rocca V4 Stainless
Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Wk15 (2).JPG

Where to start?
I have been looking, then umming and arrghing over the R94 stainless for some time now, however, i really did not need another razor, then one of my chief enablers in @RussellR5555 puts his up on BST, i left it for a good few hours but was drawn back to it time and again, basically it was not snapped up quickly enough by anyone else, therefore, the button was pushed. Russ always looks after his gear and this razor is brand new.
thanks.gif
So to todays shave,
Maiden run with the R94, an easy choice in the Alpha TI, my most used brush by a long way, such a nice brush to use.
I have not used any of @BrianH soaps while i was breaking in the boar brushes so that was another easy choice.
The blade choice was to compare against my horror show of the Polsilver last week so its "brother" was chosen in the Wizamet SI - apparently the same blade?
A wonderful lather mixed up in the heavyweight copper Captain Choice, far too much soap used giving me enough for 5 passes if needed, so slick , glossy and creamy. The Signature Soaps are easily in my top 3 for their scent profiles and performance.
A quick cold water face wash to get things started, lathered up and away i went, the angle was found pretty much as soon as i started, there is a tiny bit blade feel which i do not mind, some slight adjustment and its a goer, the WTG pass was as smooth as glass, very comfortable, i completed the XTG pass again just so easy, i completed a face rinse and could have left it there but as i had a bowlful of loveliness and was enjoying the shave i decided to complete a "Gunpowder" pass, the final face rinse left my skin soft, comfortable and slickly BBS.
Same Blade? My eye - i just don't get it, chalk and cheese for me.
I finished off with a cold water rinse and the Proraso Green post shave products, sitting here in the cooling glow with a "face feeler finish", very happy shaver today, i am going to run with this razor for my DE shaves this week.
Anyway
Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom