SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

10/04/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - 26mm Silvertip Cocobolo
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Edge by: @Fergiebilly
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk15 (1).JPG
I am really liking this Proraso Wood Spice cream, the scent is right up my street and it produces a nice slick lather either in the bowl or on the face.
A wonderfully smooth 2 pass shave and a whirlpool touch up for a DFS++ finish, i never chase a BBS finish with a straight, sometimes it happens although it is always close and comfortable. The @Fergiebilly edge on the TI is just so Smooth.
I enjoyed that, feeling real good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

IMG_20210410_115530_9~3.jpg
Razor - Blackland Tradere Gen 2 SB
Blade - Gillette Bleue NOS
Soap - Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V2 Silvertip
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Pour Homme De Caron EdT

My final shave with this lovely razor so kindly loaned to me by @Tony'schin .
I have enjoyed using this razor very much indeed and today's shave was no exception.
A wonderful creamy lather was produced from the Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge soap and another use of the fantastic Gillette Bleue NOS blade.
A perfect shave was had leaving me with a super smooth finish.

Thank you Tony.

Let's be careful out there!

Paul.

Last edited:
10 April

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

F26F7284-5504-4E07-8A30-C2CD353DF296.jpeg

The fourth shave with the same blade. The razor changes again to the Ikon Deluxe with the diamond like coating on the head. This razor produced a wonderful close and comfortable two pass shave, and the soap and brush a bountiful lather. Good stuff.

View attachment 67953
Razor - Blackland Tradere Gen 2 SB
Blade - Gillette Bleue NOS
Soap - Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V2 Silvertip
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Pour Homme De Caron EdT

My final shave with this lovely razor so kindly loaned to me by @Tony'schin .
I have enjoyed using this razor very much indeed and today's shave was no exception.
A wonderful creamy lather was produced from the Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge soap and another use of the fantastic Gillette Bleue NOS blade.
A perfect shave was had leaving me with a super smooth finish.

Thank you Tony.

Let's be careful out there!

Paul.
I'm sure he said you could keep it....

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 10th April 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro- Ambra
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

First shave with the OC head today, wow, very close BBS was achieved, no nicks and a 2 pass WTG/ATG instead of my normal 3.5 pass, seemed quicker as well, and the wife was rushing me to go out for an eye exam too

Not sure I’ll be going back to the SB version.

Have a good day all.

Joe

764CF5EA-49F1-41AA-AD6E-15A8558D6273.jpeg

10/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (6)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea 0%
AS - Akcay Tobacco

I've been using the Gillette Stainless White for the last 6 days, and I was fairly underwhelmed with the blade for the first few days, the blade being an odd combination of being sharper than expected but without delivering a close shave, the first shave using a Ball End Tech in particular I had very rapid and itchy regrowth by the end of the day.

With a slick lather, the blade in a slightly more efficient razor such as the Yaqi DOC and a 3 pass shave instead of the 2 pass I usually do, I've been very pleased with the results and today's shave was the pick of the ones so far.

Usually if I've had a few underwhelming shaves with a blade I throw it away but this time around I'm pleased I didn't.

It's also taken a few shaves to get reacquainted with my Zenith boar brush as well, after using a synth for a while. Now the brush has broken it needs a few minutes less soaking time seems and a bit more soap to get it going.

Great shave today, have a good Saturday my friends.

La Toja stick
Wildwest Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
Timeless .95SB crown knurled handle
Personna Lab Blue #6
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

Dug out the stick from my Dopp bag to use first to shave my nut then a two pass shave to the old mush, very good result no problems. La Toja not as good as the late lamented Valobra but not that far off. Have a great weekend folks.

View attachment 67942
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: TDS Evergreen Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (1)

Today's shave is dedicated to @Rubbish Triathlete who spurred me on to actually use my recent soap acquisitions ;) I reverted to the Voskhod blade to give the soap a fair run, as I know the Parker/Voskhod combo works perfectly for me.
The soap's performance was superb. It can take a lot of water, and one loading of the brush gave ample lather for two passes plus tidy up. Smell? Well I love the pine/juniper scent, and I can live with the lanolin - just. The barnyard is definitely there, and in a lighter scented soap might protrude more. The Kayaput's a nice bracer, but won't win prizes for complexity or subtlety. I am, however, feeling raring to go and refreshed rather than pampered. Right off to spend Saturday pulling down fences and trimming conifers, which seems entirely appropriate:D Have a great weekend, gents.
It’s only a matter of time until I order a bucketload of those soaps from HLS from Belarus. I just can’t resist!

It’s only a matter of time until I order a bucketload of those soaps from HLS from Belarus. I just can’t resist!
Perfectly understandable. And justifiable on a "more items bought means cheaper postage cost per item" rationale ;)
Clever GIF by memecandy

418372EB-9BBA-4393-ACA0-BCD67A74E05E.jpeg
First shave with my brand new PAA Phantom Blue plastic open comb double slant. I loaded up a Feather and fully expected to be visiting A&E for a blood transfusion. Turns out this terrifying-looking chap is surprisingly gentle (that’s the razor I’m describing, not me).

I didn’t nick myself or experience any soreness but achieved a really good shave. It’s a super little thing. I can’t be bothered to weigh it but it weighs nothing. The twist on the blade is huge. It looks like a massive amount of blade is exposed but it’s nothing like as aggressive as it looks. Who knew? There was me thinking I was all brave and everything.

I used to have the PAA Bakelite Slant but sold it because it was really, really tricky. This Phantom Blue is a pussy cat. Definitely a keeper. Delighted.

0492BA6F-FBED-4053-9ADE-5FB4B3D75D18.jpeg
For completeness I used TOBS No 50 cream, a Yaqi brush, and Thayers unscented Witch Hazel.

Now all we need is for Saints to slaughter Ulster for a perfect lazy Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom