SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

L&L Grooming ‘TSM Fougere’
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Mongoose B2
Feather Proguard #6
CRSW Fougere Moderne ASB

What a cracking shave with the Fougere scented products! Soap now has the circle of death so I estimate twenty or so shaves will see it off, so will include it more in upcoming shaves until gone. Seen of a few soaps this year without cracking and purchasing more soaps, just like an addict see if I can see out the year or until Xmas!

Thursday AM 2021-10-14
National Fossil Day
FnLerbN.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (10)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
Qg64qUp.jpg

3EE393EC-D1E5-476F-9886-96BF60BED299.jpeg

Wolf Whiskers Tuxedo
Merkur 41c
Big Ben (2)
Speick stick
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Thoroughly faultless throughout, save for the picture!
Star of the show was the fabulous Speick shaving stick. I really must stock up before extinction, such a shame as along with OSP, it’s becoming my favourite shaving soap.
Honorary mention to the 41c. It’s my only open comb razor, but I’m finding it extremely comfortable to use, particularly going against the grain. Is this a general characteristic of open comb razors gents?

That was great, enjoy yours.

View attachment 78397

Wolf Whiskers Tuxedo
Merkur 41c
Big Ben (2)
Speick stick
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Thoroughly faultless throughout, save for the picture!
Star of the show was the fabulous Speick shaving stick. I really must stock up before extinction, such a shame as along with OSP, it’s becoming my favourite shaving soap.
Honorary mention to the 41c. It’s my only open comb razor, but I’m finding it extremely comfortable to use, particularly going against the grain. Is this a general characteristic of open comb razors gents?

That was great, enjoy yours.
Probably not. The difference in ‘aggression’ (or ‘efficiency’, in my book) is more to do with blade gap than closed vs. open comb. The Merkur 41C I found to be very mild (too mild for me) as there isn’t much of a blade gap. You’re right though, it is a comfortable wee fellow and, paired with the right blade and due care exercised, an ATG shave should be achieved with impunity.

Fri 15
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Fatip OC
Blade Tiger Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Just a fantastic soap! Beautiful scent, creamy and slick lather...absolutely love it!
A good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Uneventful in 3 smooth and comfortable passes without issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome.
20211015_095411.jpg

Last edited:
From the lesser known 60's group the Papas and the Mamas comes the shave themed 'Friday Friday'

20211014_181831.jpg

Friday I'm in love - Colonial General V2
TFI Friday - Feather Professional
Friday on my mind - Yaqi Dandelion
Friday fry - MDC Agrume
Fishy Friday - ADP Mirra

Have a wonderful one. I will. And a wonderful start to the day as well.

Have some Band Maid while you're at it

SOTD 15-Oct
DSC02427.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: DG Contemplation
Razor: CB Karve Brass (D)
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Had to be a quick one this morning, but regardless still a good shave. Thought I'd ease myself in and give the D plate a try. Very smooth and the heft on this is excellent for me.

This is my first brass razor so I'm interested to see how it develops!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom