SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

...We've just got an inflatable hot tub that I've been enjoying for the past few days...

"Inflatable hot tub"? :unsure:

Naw, ain't buyin' that story!

N4smO3i.png

I don't think it's a closeness thing - it's a chemical type burn I've had with other scented soaps that haven't agreed with me. Different to the razor burn type feeling.

Threw things I'm wondering about - I) I wonder if the properties of a soap can change over a few months thereby impacting concentration levels? II) We've just got an inflatable hot tub that I've been enjoying for the past few days. I'm still working out the chemical balance of the water - turns out I'm shit at chemistry. I wonder if the repeated exposure to chlorine and low pH water is increasing my sensitivity? III) I may just be getting more pathetic as I get older.

Pathetic

I don't think it's a closeness thing - it's a chemical type burn I've had with other scented soaps that haven't agreed with me. Different to the razor burn type feeling.

Threw things I'm wondering about - I) I wonder if the properties of a soap can change over a few months thereby impacting concentration levels? II) We've just got an inflatable hot tub that I've been enjoying for the past few days. I'm still working out the chemical balance of the water - turns out I'm shit at chemistry. I wonder if the repeated exposure to chlorine and low pH water is increasing my sensitivity? III) I may just be getting more pathetic as I get older.
Did you get the optional slide with it? ;)

inflatable-water-pool-for-kids.jpg

Thu 14 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Willy's Premium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Chronos Splash
Excellent soap qualities. Very nice scent, the lather was creamy and really slick...
My favorite vintage OC razor for sure! Paired with this blade...the shave was so smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without issues. Aftershaves were excellent too.
20211014_085640.jpg

SOTD : 14th October 2021.

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather : OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D3)
Razor: Parker 24c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel Mixed./4711 Eau De Cologne-ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A Enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully. I have mentioned in my past postings the Parker 24C isn't aggressive yet efficient and smooth giving satisfactory shaving results...

Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can, which can be misleading to someone who has yet to shave with one i find them very smooth & efficient and match up really well with most DE blades.

Over the week i have pushed the Derby Usta to the max, as normally regardless of the blade with a few exceptions i used it for two shaves then it was binned...The Derby Usta has yet again surprised me throughout the week showing no signs of dulling....The star of my shave this morning was the OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap,each time a use this soap it never fails to provide me with a excellent lather.

A 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 14-Oct
DSC02419.jpg
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Yaqi Raster V3
Blade: Feather ProGuard (1)

Excellent 3 pass shave this morning, I usually only go for 2 but with new razors I like to test them. This one actually took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting all that much but it was actually brilliant.

The angle was intuitive from the off, the narrowness of the head made it incredibly manoeuverable, admittedly I played it 'safe' with the guard but I ended up with an incredibly smooth finish.

I bought this with the intention of testing before getting the vector, if I didn't like the vector styling so much (shallow, I know) I would potentially have a rethink.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Parker Adjustable Injector
Schick Proline B
Eufros Fougere
Stirling Boar
Pitralon Classic Aftershave​
2E6676AF-A9E7-479A-821F-10B49AD4F4FD.jpeg
First shave with the Parker razor.now my preference is for mild razors the problem with the Parker is that I had to go to setting 5 to archive a decent shave .Comfortable with no burn, so all good.The setting from 1 to 4 are far too mild and just don’t shave.The Parker for me will always be set at 5 so an adjustable,it is not.On the highest setting the Parker is similar to the shave you get from a Schick L type.

@Digimonkey @culcreuch

Schick Proline B
Eufros Fougere
Stirling Boar
First shave with the Parker razor.now my preference is for mild razors the problem with the Parker is that I had to go to setting 5 to archive a decent shave .Comfortable with no burn, so all good.The setting from 1 to 4 are far too mild and just don’t shave.The Parker for me will always be set at 5 so an adjustable,it is not.On the highest setting the Parker is similar to the shave you get from a Schick L type.

@Digimonkey @culcreuch

A similar experience here with the Parker. I couldn't tell what it was doing on any setting. Now a redundant piece of kit

C3D1CC47-D321-4C7A-AA94-A8C667CAFFC3.jpeg

SOTD: 14/10/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Leaf Half DE Blades, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm

Never had a problem with this razor before but I’ve got to say I didn’t get on with the own brand blade today. I didn’t notice 2 small spots/bumps before I started shaving but boy the razor did! A couple of medium weepers later I managed a bbs shave despite the blade. The blade had a massive glue spot left on it that was hard to remove which may have been the cause of a bit of a bad shave.
still love the scent of this soap and it’s likely as it was one of my first that it’ll be my first empty one. While lathering I also noticed the soap also had a random brown kernel like piece in which I’ve never had before in any soap! A very random shave but the scent of this soap will keep me coming back to it!

Schick Proline B
Eufros Fougere
Stirling Boar

@Digimonkey @culcreuch
That's disappointing - as you say - it kind of ceases to be an adjustable. Apparently the first model was even milder. Oh well - we live and learn - I.

Thursday OCtober 14, 2021
Razor: Gillette Canadian Bull Dog
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Handcraft Oscuro
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Greenfresh SFS
Fragrance: Ethos Greenfresh EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,072

The Bull Dog gave an AMAZINGLY close shave with smoothness !! Enjoy your day Everyone !!!
IMG_20211013_171220466.jpg

Back
Top Bottom