SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

Friday 15th October
Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Sandalwood - Valet Autostrop VC1 - Modified GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
Jk3e1Lr.jpg

78952A75-EF56-43F3-AB4A-857BD3495888.jpeg
Pre: hot water face wash, proraso white preshave cream
Soap: abbate y la mantia krokos
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Gillette rocket HD
Blade: Astra SP (1)

3 passes for dfs. Decided to revisit some of the vintage razors that I’ve got and see which ones perform for me and which ones don’t. The rocket hd is definitely a mild shaver - had a bit of tugging here and there on first outing with Astra sp which I’ve never experienced before. One more outing with this one to see if it case of blade being a dud or just not working for this razor - but never had any issues in any razor with Astra sp to date. I’ll try different blade after that, and decide whether it’s a keeper or will go up for trade / sale.

15/10/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Faux Pony
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - IBC "Cerakote" Shavette
Blade - Personna Injector (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon
Wk 41  (7).JPG
You know how it is, some razors just don't get used as much, therefore, i decided to give the IBC a run out before it went onto BST!
I am so glad i did, that was probably my SOTW.
This little shavette is rarely seen on SOTD and i really cannot fathom why? It can take AC and injector blades as well as Half DE's, it works really well with any of the afore mentioned formats and today it was fitted with an Injector, only because it was already in there.
The Faux pony Yaqi whipped up a great face lather in no time and held enough for 3 passes easily.
I completed a 2 full passes, WTG then a XTG/ATG mixed pass, finishing with a targeted buffing pass leaving me with a very close BBS finish.
A good dollop of my Argan oil balm finished with the vintage Avon (very alcoholic) splash which gave some indication of the closeness of the shave, all good in seconds.
The minute angle change has worked a treat again and this razor is going nowhere.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SOTD 10.jpg

Soap - Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - Occam's
Blade - Proguard (2)
A/S - Tabac
A/S Balm - Lea 3 in 1

Received the soap yesterday and it didn't disappoint. Superb lather and performance. Warm tobacco, cedarwood, bay leaf and lime is how they describe the scent and it's a really nice blend. Not too rich or dark, but not too light and no single ingredient seems to be overpowering. Very, very nice and it proved to be everything I had hoped for.
My second shave with the Occams razor and it was even more smooth and comfortable today. Almost felt like it was impossible to cut myself.
( Yeah, we've all been there .... right ) Luckily I managed to tame my overconfidence this time and remained trouble free.
I'm interested to see what kind of life I get from these blades so I'll probably continue using this razor for a bit.

Fri 15th October

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
MWF
Schick J3
NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S lotion

After a few days away I have returned to my Injector rotation, I gave myself a treat and loaded a fresh blade, not only is it new but a rather fabled one from Holland. Was perhaps a bit lazy, as one would have to be a duffer to get anything but a top class finish using one of these blades.

74D17A05-E8B7-4588-8A91-0746A0A69553.jpeg

15/10
Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap & splash : Master soap creations Ruby forest
Alum bloc
Balm : arko unscented
Razor : Rex Ambassador
Blade : Gillette platinum 3rd use
Brush : alpha outlaw
Went for a 3 pass shave this morning using the Rex and Ruby forest again a really nice scent think its based on dunhill red desire haven't used that before so can't compare but very good
1st pass setting 3
2nd pass setting 2
3rd pass setting 1
20211015_113253.jpg20211015_113309.jpg20211015_113413.jpg20211015_113438.jpg20211015_113535.jpg20211015_113815.jpg20211015_114009.jpg20211015_114139.jpg20211015_115948.jpg

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal 24mm

Razor: EJDE89

Blade: Feather #3

Post Shave: Alum block then Proraso White

DE Shave #24

Shave #3 with the EJDE89

The larger blade gaps of the EJ and Feather AS D2 definitely keep me on edge during the shave (pun intended :) ) I do like the smooth results but it takes away a little of the relaxation for me. I'm sure this ease as my technique improves.
I'm going to move to the R3 plate on the R6S for my next shave.

The shave today was great overall, close and comfortable despite one nick and a couple of red spots.

Last edited:
Friday OCtober 15, 2021
Razor: Wade & Butcher DE OC
Blade: Wizamet (Modified)
Brush: Trotter Handcraft "Lake of Fire"
Soap: DG Trismegistus
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Terre D'Hermes Splash
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EDT
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,073
View attachment 78408
I've almost bought a few of those razors but didn't think the blade mod to be worth it, it's pretty much just an OLD, and I've got a truck load of those. How did it compare to the Bulldog?

I've almost bought a few of those razors but didn't think the blade mod to be worth it, it's pretty much just an OLD, and I've got a truck load of those. How did it compare to the Bulldog?
Not exactly the same. Slightly more curve to the blade in the W&B. Nice shave but I prefer the Bull Dog. Still like having the W&B too (y) My spare is for sale in another neighborhood since I got the case with this one. Never saw the need for a truckload of the same one :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom