Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - Andrew @Shavers Delights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli

Wk 40 (7).JPG
Now that gentlemen, was a very nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Friday OCtober 8, 2021
Razor: Bigelow & Parkin Travel Razor
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Trotter Handcraft DSotM (Dark Side of the Moon)
Soap: A&E Rèvolution
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,066

View attachment 78090
Znj4QQuSGH8EL2rrSCvrMVGPOqtlj-ivuJsGwv3H5cK-n0Vkt0XJx-aWCvAl8sKknrme5EUqsqjCPmg7zBanS_AmLnYmeaA6J1_4MnovPaUMQp3MVNpCKSAoTu5pJfP6EaiDWgRiHPR3Js6pZ48i6_PkEmqoloynSixOcttUpeDyy2_1xsUdFif_g_NPQ1U8e0UjoroW8KnSRdrxceVGYxcUuD7r6A8KMB7PwzOqHh2aLr88ECLSRnCKQyoObqtWHci9ABgzYjjz3SYYuhlqw0EruAjLPBl3nCG6TKvLd_ki2ja_FwcNblwd2qKC4ViqtAPWSKedAE8o6lm-rtjs0jgs05F4A2WfuANXuQFa1PNY4PDwGN9RApHmDUUjWvQ4D9-E4-4Tunjt_zNCrPBqSYKZ9Vc4tnb4e7GLLCS7EVQKr8ibEBfTSlcyBK7hFZfi1_VahjKcqpthJFFzRo7lRz5kzWHYI4KDQyPGtM67cBEs1XHxNd5HdTn1Fnx3GUqZ0qJFduAjOyai25yNEKP-1KimvVU2dhS48rVpMUmwa9ChM7oZJzAjiFhT3sZcBJcVBsFZZKc1ceA9ZIiS1k9ErNBP2bzyeo56LIjWQbcMRRHM_VE31cn0jM_OQNhQwYqCilia4nXZawVThKy_3_Zo8WGW2BGm8LI2Z-Mo4ywg19777s5yJkwDRBCE69aMpfVA6724DBGBqI0eyKRSYtO9000Q=w433-h616-no
How was it? I think you're supposed to be out of town and staying in a cheap motel to use those, but they are cool.

Friday 8th October

AM-JKLW8FJW8NMhNIwsbxwY26RgnCXm0RJgc8GrnqMT1tpUn7RMThSNaaH-QsXwAxZiMJbNI5vGNFEnW8lKP7nyKpeW3C9PSxLZld720nUWnha5Nf-etDLIqgbjRzjD16LQKvyKGGdk6aK3feAizmbzQs6l0Sw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Shaving Station/OSP Spirits Shaving Soap
hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
RazoRock Hawk (Regular Plate)
Feather ProGuard (5)
Shaving Station/OSP Spirits Aftershave Tonic

Continuing my voyage of discovery with the Hawk and blade choices ...

For the last few shaves, I've had this Feather ProGuard blade in the Hawk on the open comb plate and it has delivered what I would call an invigorating shave akin to a fresh Shark Stainless or a Vidyut Stainless. That is certainly a good feeling for one, maybe two shaves but it is starting to wear thin and so I switched out the plate for the regular plate. My preference so far has been for the regular Feather Professional on the A plate, delivering a seriously smooth shave with very little actual feeling on the face compared to running that same blade on the regular plate.

The Feather ProGuard feels right at home on the regular plate and actually has me thinking that the regular plate might not be consigned to a baggie and stored in the retail box. I'll try it on the A plate tomorrow for further comparison. As for the open comb plate, well, I can't wait to try that with a Feather ProSuper.

The Al Aneeq Black Musk attar I've been wearing today has come alive again this evening with the rather eastern scent blend of the soap. I'd say their Black Musk is almost like their Tobacco Twist, but without the tobacco.

View attachment 78077

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Feather AC DX folded wood handle
Blade: Feather pro (6)
Lather: Moon Soaps - Union - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

Second shave with the DX - finding it quite similar in technique to straights but not as smooth - also likes to bite way more. Not entirely sure whether it’s a keeper - will wait until my guarded blade pack is back from loan together with hawk v2 and try guarded blades in it. Same shave setup as yesterday - just the soap has changed - yesterday I’ve used Declaration grooming weinstrasse… not my type of scent!

near bbs both times but also a few weepers a first time and couple today. Definitely need to try the guarded one … if they won’t bring me satisfying enough results, I potentially might move this on and stick to straights
Bit of a different learning curve are the shavettes Simon not for everyone..they have a pokey edge even more so than a straight with a synthetic edge they require perfect angle and very light strokes..straights are much more forgiving

San Kan 1200 13/16th Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Chamomile & Lemon Preshave
Vanyulay Dress Bleus Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Stirling Duke Aftershave Splash
Stirling Duke Aftershave Balm
Elite Razor Amboyna Burl Handle 24mm Silver Tip Brush
San Kan 1200 13/16th Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Chamomile & Lemon Preshave
Vanyulay Dress Bleus Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Stirling Duke Aftershave Splash
Stirling Duke Aftershave Balm

Elite Razor Amboyna Burl Handle 24mm Silver Tip Brush
6194818F-D5A4-4974-85D3-DFC7740F435F.jpeg79B5F81F-D856-4041-B54B-984D02A87273.jpeg77CF580F-B1D3-418C-B1CF-E80DACCAC161.jpeg

Bit of a different learning curve are the shavettes Simon not for everyone..they have a pokey edge even more so than a straight with a synthetic edge they require perfect angle and very light strokes..straights are much more forgiving
Definitely! I thought they would be more likely to cut but didn’t expect that much difference in angle - seems like short strokes are much more preferable with them too! Will give it a few more goes when once guarded blades will come back to me and then see whether I’ll get used to it or not - but as it stands now straights are a clear winner haha

SOTD 09-Oct
DSC02411.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: DG Apogee
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Nice chilled shave this morning, weirdly had a ton of time this morning (no doubt we've forgotten to do something).

I really like this Apogee, if I could find this exact scent in a hard soap form this would find a permanent place in the rotation.

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom