SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

My local hair and beauty/cosmetics shop sell this for around £4 - £6 a bottle, if you really want one PM me and I can send you a bottle

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
Tabac Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Merkur 37C.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of the BBA products thanks to the generosity of @Emma C. I will have to experiment a little with the oil to see if it makes a discernible difference to the glide of the shave. But the balm was fantastic! I have tended not to use balms because I don't much like the feel on my skin. But the BBA balm absorbed in to my face almost immediately and left my skin feeling noticeably more moisturised. A 3 pass shave for BBS. Not a hint of irritation, and my skin looks and feels great. Have a good weekend gents!

If you like Polsilver Super Iridium you should try the Iridium Super's if you can get hold of any.... Very good indeed and dare I say better than the Polsilver SI's imo.

3 days running;

Aluminium Tech was paired with a Gillette Nacet on its first outing to give a relatively good shave. It sure is a mild little razor, but maybe a tad too mild for my liking... The BBA stuff is great and did a great job. I find the face wash to smell a tad strange, personally, but it feels great!

It was a warm shave for a change and needless to say I'll probably not be going for that again. I don't know what it is about it, but it just doesn't feel as good.

I'm going to leave the shaving out 'til Monday I think to give my skin a chance to relax, not that I'm in any discomfort!

Onto the next one, chaps.

You are most welcome looks great in your photo too.

+ 1 for the BBA PS Balm....Fantastic!

Saturday shave

Pre-shave - Hot shower, Aloe Vera soap, followed by warm water splash and Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 1).
Soap - OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by L'Occitane Cedrat After Shave Cream.
EDT - L'Occitane Eau de Cedrat Eau de Toilette.

@Blademonkey another update on the Rocnel GEM - have you got your hands on one yet?

An excellent shave, I think I am just about there with getting the right shaving angle with the Rocnel GEM. A 2 pass shave, no major issues - smallest of weepers with the second pass - gone post shave Noticed a slightest of scratches on my neck, post shave, possibly from the exposed element of the top of the GEM blade, which is folded over - this sits out, exposed, at the top of the razor - must watch out for that.

I have had a week shaving with the Rocnel - this time last week my skin was on fire after the second pass, also a degree of tightness. A week later no issues.

Off to the Gentleman's Groom Room in Dundee shortly. Going to pick up some Feather Light SE Blades.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited: