SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

Thur 3rd Aug

Omega 11137 boar
MWF
Claymore V1
Feather Pro [ 7 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

After a brief meeting with a Feather Pro Super in yesterdays Shave, I decided it was not the blade for
me as I was not at all comfortable with it. Had to resort to the Claymore/Feather Pro to finish the Shave.

Decided use the same combo today, and while the combo shaved smoothly I felt that the performance
of the Blade was tailing off , as it did little to reduce the whiskers on the neck, an area where it is normally quite good.

Last edited:
Loving the Damascus handle, can we see the whole handle in your next use of it? Thanks, P.

Shave of the day 03/08/2017!

Prep; Warm Shower with Nivea Face wash
Brush; Simsons Colonel Best Badger
Razor; Gillette Fatboy F2
Blade; Polsilver SI
Soap; TOBS Platinum

With reference to my August 2017 Acquisitions post I received this marvelous Fatboy F2 yesterday and I was assured by the owner that he was the only owner to have it, I could see why when I received it, it was a mess to say the least, I simply cleaned it up with various soaks in mild dish soap and a toothbrush and even very lightly polished with the Dremel on a low setting being extremely cautious, I did also partially disassemble it to ensure I got it spotless, the results speak for themselves, with regards to the Polsilver SI blade I received these from a fellow member on here and it was the first time using them they are great only to find they are stopping them in September I believe, the soap again as usual from TOBS is fantastic, great scent, luxurious lather and great slickness all in all a great shave.
I believe the Fatboy is going to be my new Go-to razor I did WTG on a 6 and XTG on a 4 as I read a few people use that combo, I shall be experimenting a bit but I did have a 48 hour growth.

You cleaned it well

No sooner said than done! Originally intended for the Sabre....not that there is anything wrong with the Sabre handle. I just like a bit of individuality!

It is both brutal and beautiful....well suited to either a Claymore or a Sabre!

Thank you, very nice indeed, imo it looks better than the stock Claymore one.

Omega 40033
Fatip Testina Gentile
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

The shave of the past three days, very good in terms of lather, the razor blade leaves a lot to be desired, never been a fan of them but I have lots so hope one day they'll click. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave and trying a Ladas blade for the first time in a while.