SOTD 19th August

Merkur Futur (number 3 setting)
Astra Platinum Blade
Prof Blighty Universal Shave Oil
"Be Delicious" Scented Shave Soap
Prof Blighty Sandalwood A/S
"JPG" scented A/S Balm

Two days growth (busy decorating) and after a hot shower I started on with a well earned shave. Merkur in hand I set about trying a "Be Delicious" scented fleabay merchant shave soap. I have already tried a turkish delight scented by the same merchant and although scent was a little lacking (£2 a soap can't expect much) it lathers well and has "ok" slip.

Loving the Merkur Futur and Astra combo (still learning as always) and set about applying Prof Blighty Shave Oil to wet skin and then bowl lathered soap. Three pass shave and apart from a few, very small nicks (much better than previous shave) pleased with result and post shave left me feeling smooth.

I think I know the seller you're referring to. I've tried the Issey Miyake style shaving soap and while it's not a strong one it's good and as you say lathers well. I find it comfortable and have a Lacoste balm which has a stronger smell; again very good. I've ordered another two soaps I really don't need and a large shower gel with the Jean Paul Gaultier scent so pleased to hear it's good.

Back
Top Bottom