SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

@MikeSmart....How in Hell does an English "vagabond" who has absconded to the Scandinavian hinterlands where the hawks screw the chickens get a brand new soap made just a few hours from where I live in Texas, USA before I do??!! o_O

:D:ROFLMAO:;)
ooft right let’s get one thing straight i have many many many English friends however contrary to belief that dosent turn me in to one.
In fact the heavens here have opened up with your forked tongue.
Scotland mate Yes that’s Scotland The worlds Capital.
Just look at the flag, Think of Braveheart & your getting warm :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.
Now in answer to your question here on the u.k. we have some wonderful websites.
I do have the aftershave to match but i don’t allow my wife to post anything breakable.
no one can pack like me

Thursday 23rd SEptember
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Triceratops 3D Resin - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
LJ6skCd.jpg

23/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather PB (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester G
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk38 -21 (6).JPG
That was a nice shave, the normal slick lather from the Signature soap, bowl mixed and applied with the wall of soft badger - wonderful.
Now then, i never thought i would say this, however, lately i have to say the General V2 is giving me smoother shaves than the Vector, there i have said it.
Next month it could be back to the Vector.

Anyway, Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-23-09-21.jpg

This afternoon -

Head -
razor - Twig
blade - Nacet (1)
soap - Baxter of California
post - witch hazel
balm - Olive oil moisturiser.

Face -
razor - Cobra
blade - Proline (?10)
brush - Kent BK2
soap - RazoRock Emperor
post - witch hazel
a/s - RazoRock Emperor
balm - BBA
scent - Essence Vault 481 - 'Terre d'Hermes'

I knew when I got the Twig that they enjoyed a good reputation for head shaving but I hadn't tried it until today. Good reputation? I'd go much further than that - it was a revelation. Usual prep - double 00 clippers, a generous amount of the Baxter brushless cream applied - a minty head is a very pleasant experience but don't let it run down into your eyes - trust me. I normally use a double bladed disposable as I found using a normal de to be, literally and figuratively, a bloody mess. The Twig gave me the closest, safest, quickest and most comfortable head shave I have ever had - by a mile. It even dealt with the scar tissue with no issue. When you get to the moment of truth and dry your scalp - fearfully looking for the red dots on the towel - none - nante. I think it being so good for the job comes down to two things - the fixed angle is really easy to maintain even when you can't see the razor and, most importantly - it is pretty much impossible to clog the razor head - it just glides along without skipping or jumping. Remarkable. If you shave your head and haven't tried using one of these, do whatever is necessary - beg, borrow, steal or raffle your first born to try it. It'll be worth it. Oh - the face shave was pretty good too. :) Enjoy one and all - cheers - I.

QByRfTg.jpg

Ol' Reliable Gillette English Post-war BE Tech
Gillette Brasil Platinum Plus
B&M 42 soap
Vintage Paco Rabanne PH AS
YaQi Cashmere brush

Outstanding shave!! Although I used my favorite razor and although this blade is superb I will have to give credit to the B&M Soft Heart soap base as a mere handful can match its quality and none can surpass it at present!! ;)(y)

Back
Top Bottom