SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

8G7v1Px.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger;
Cream: Castle Forbes Cedarwood
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Old Spice Herbal Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Ralph Lauren Polo Green EdT

Nice to be home.

Ahem. My themed shaved for this evening was 'Busting the theory and awkward blade loading'

20210918_184911.jpg

Baeyer strain theory - Occams Enoch
Social Psychology Theory - Kai Titan Mild
Thermodynamic theory of polymer elasticity - Yaqi Dandelion
Transition state theory - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Driving theory test - Acqua Di Parma Assoluta
Relative theory - Families are bonkers

Tonight's shaving exercise was to try prove the @Boycie83 theory of loading an Enoch razor was indeed fraut with difficulties.

1. The blade fell out
2. Once again, yes, the blade fell out
3. Not happy with two previous attempts, the blade fell out
4. To finalise the experiment, the blade fell out

Theory proved correct and task deemed almost beyond the realms of normally acceptable blade loading standards. The theory stands

And then the blade fell out

Eventually through the laws concerning the theory of being an annoyingly persistent bastard (the bastard blade bound determination principal) the blade eventually stayed in and the shave was able to proceed.

And what a smashing shave it was. These Enoch razors are really mighty fine and do the smooth shaving side of the story with ease and perfection.

The Blenheim and the Yaqi? They are

Thank you everyone for getting this far. I hope your weekend's are going in a wonderful way and may they remain that way. I love you all

And a first time bunch of ladies to end on

And then the blade fell out

Last edited:
Sun 19 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 24mm Clear Handle Synthetic
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Another awesome soap! The scent is very nice with a creamy and slick lather...typical Stirling quality!
Another enjoyable shave with this razor...really liking the edge and performance...sharp yet smooth. 3passes for mixed dfs/ccs/sas results. I've finally understood why many don't do as many passes with the SR as there's really not much to shave the next day...I realized SR shave results lasted much longer compared to my DE or SE, even if it's only a DFS. Aftershaves were terrific today.
20210919_122439.jpg

SOTD : 19th September 2021.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Van Der Hagen Fine Shave Soap.
Blade: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi SE Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I can't remember the last time that i used the Van Der Hagen soap, which was kindly gifted to me by @Boycie83.Thanks again Chris.(y) Like many other glycerine based shaving soaps it takes a little to get it to the consistency that i prefer, but well worth the effort leaving a good post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20210919_072232.jpg
SOTD 19th Sept
Brush- Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - Rockwell 6c R4
Blade - Rockwell Swedish SS #3
Post - Bayliss & Harding Ginseng & Black Pepper
The 6c is a class act - does everything superbly well - from daily driver to special occasion shaver - smooth,mild but as close as you decide -the Star of this shave but ably supported by the ingredient list.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

19/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather PB (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts E
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk38 -21 (2).JPG
I got the clippers out early this morning and completed an overdue haircut, cleaned up then into the shower.
A wonderful lather from the SBB 26mm and the Signature soap, again, spilling out of the mixing bowl, i really need to get my measuring sorted out.
The Vector just being the Vector and doing a fantastic job, BBS, feeling really good and ready for the busy day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sunday 09.19.21 SOTD

w9xTZIy.png

Gillette ‘67 M2 Slim @6 / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Shaving Soap & Aftershave
I’m going to miss this soap when it’s used up. I’ve tried the new version and it’s ok. I prefer a hard soap. Plus the scent in the new one is a little bit off -- not really strong enough for me.

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 19th September 2021

Shave Score 9.5

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: MDC - Rose
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantica
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Feather (2)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soap Co. Coria
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Macdui
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Been absent for a little while, but should be back now, fingers crossed.

Been trying a Feather blade for the last two days, finding it a bit tuggy wtg and xtg, against the grain it’s lovely, hoping it settles in for the 3rd and 4th shave :)

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

04E0A480-D1F1-4C92-AC9A-DE87435FA680.jpeg

Sunday SEptember 19, 2021
Razor: Star Super Six
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Star Bone Handle 17mm Boar
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,047

Again using the amazing Vanilla Safi generously gifted to me. The Dragonsbeard Splash and EDP are a perfect pairing for it. Amazed at how well the 2nd use little 17mm boar whipped up a creamy slick lather even though I over did the water. Have a great day everyone !
IMG_20210918_203205140_HDR.jpgIMG_20210918_202851013_HDR.jpgIMG_20210919_062649264_HDR.jpgIMG_20210919_064509067_HDR.jpg

19 September

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

91C9CB02-F745-4B68-A508-BD5370A6A31B.jpeg

An excellent lather from the Danum and Peregrino made a good start to my Sunday morning shave. The Ikon Deluxe, though, was a bit of a let down. It seemed a bit rough, and left my face a little irritated. I hope it is just a bad match of blade to razor, and I’ll try a Feather next time. This razor usually ‘glides’.

Back
Top Bottom