SOTD 07/JAN/2012

I have now been DE shaving for a few months now and hadn't changed my routine from Proraso Pre-shave, Bluebeards Shave Cream with a EJ DE89 and Feather blade. Things have been going well but felt that I was still making 1 or 2 too many nicks each shave. I changed to Proraso Pre-shave, TOBS Sandalwood Cream with a EJ DE89 and Gillette 7'oclock yellow blade. Had a great shave and no cuts! I'll be sticking with this combo for the foreseeable future as I didn't really like the amount of ingredients (chemicals) that seemed to be in the Bluebeards.

That sounds about right to me. For a start, Bluebeard's is strange stuff, not exactly unpleasant but ... odd. What's probably done the trick is abandoning the Feathers. They're excellent blades, but best saved for treats, whilst the yellows are a bit easier on the skin. The Taylor's cream has always worked well for me, ample protection for shaving with a straight razor, so maybe it's giving you a bit of extra leeway.

I wasn't overly keen on the TOBS Sandalwood scent so have ordered up some TOBS Lemon & Lime. Hoping the performance will be to the same standard but a scent I will hopefully prefer.

I found there lemon and lime to be a bit artificial so smelled more of kitchen cleaner to be honest

Sunday

Sprock 6/8
Vie Long Soap
Tabac Stick
Alum
Witch hazel
Jovan Musk

Effortless and awesome with a razor that never disappoints. I'd given it a few laps on a crox strop before the shave and the HHT was a silent fall apart. BBS

Recieved my TOBS Lemon & Lime today and I actually quite like the scent, it's pretty much as I expected it to be. Also tried some new 7 O'clock Super Platinum (blue pack) blades but not sure I noticed much of a difference compared to the yellows. Still a great shave and I think I've found a combination that really works well for me

Gillette Slim set at 6.
Red Ip.
Cella shave soap.
Simpson Colonel.
Musgo Real after shave.

My oldest and best razor. The Gillette Slim was the concord moment of safety razor's.

Thursday! Thought I try one of the oldes again today. Switched companies and using a Schick today. Photos below. Really cool razor!
Razor: Schick 1933 Repeating Razor

Well the camera function isn't working well this AM. I'll try again!

Razor 1933 Schick repeating razor: still not working well .Sorry.
Blade: Schick injector
Soap:Nanny's Rasage Traditionel
Brush: horse

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326378307.899108.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326378349.763072.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326378394.964344.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326378449.702049.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0