Soothing Menthol

Gents, I've been using Alcolado for the past 18 months. Love my menthol, and it does a job. Instant hit and bit of a sting; not sure whether it helps the skin. Guess that's another story.

Always interested in trying something new, and if it soothes the skin - happy days. How does Prorasso Green A/S, Thayers Medicated WH & Lucky Tiger Face Tonic perform? Sorry if a bit long winded. These are based on some reviews I've read on other forums.

Richard

Proraso green asl is one of my top 3 post-shave products - nice fresh aroma, lovely menthol blast, and contains a few other ingredients that are good for skin care.

I like the Lucky Tiger face tonic and use it daily as a nice refresher, but menthol it isn't.

I would also highly recommend Lea Classic asl, and I Coloniali mango balm, both of which are mentholated and good for the skin.

Myrsol also do a host of mentholated products and I rate them highly.

I'm also currently using Fine Platinum asl, which again is nice, and I've previously used Alt Innsbruck, which is also good.

Very good suggestions and if it's ok, may I add; Aqua Velva, Mennen Skinbracer and Pitralon Classic(the one with tree picture with green cap) as AS Lotions, Proraso green, Lea and Camelot(very similar to Lea) as AS Balms. These products contains menthol and inexpensive.

Proraso green a/s is fantastic leaves the skin feeling great, think it has a little talc included.
Another well worth trying is Pitralon.

Mustn't forget 'Vifrex Dopo Barba', it is an After Shave Gel and very strong menthol and wonderful scent, very soothing and cooling and refreshing and all that.

Reactions: jds
They do... lol
Honestly it is a must, buy it and you will never regret it. I think Gifts and Care and Portugese shop sells a cheaper version 444 or something like that but it is a Joke compared to Vifrex.
Since I started to this wet shaving, it is one of the most unique and wonderful product and the most cooling.

I cold water shave Yr round I love proraso menthol pre shave proraso shave cream followed by proraso green asl with a bit of camphor mixed in then finish off with vifrex all very good value for money and efficient in use leaves you fresh clean and skin is lovely and non greasy menthol lovers try this method I love it.

When I feel the need for a little chill, I'll rub a dot of Prep Creme over wet face after rinsing off ... then regular aftershave. Just a dot gives a nice cooling relief and a little moisturising. 3P make such a product as well, but I've not tried it. Proraso, too ... you know, pre/post shave cream.

Back
Top Bottom