Some burn and itch?

Right, used 'Simple' aftershave for men, in a black tube.

Not sure if it's that, or a roughy shave, but after about 40 mins after my shave my neck and jaw line became really itchy!

Can a shave too close cause this irritation? Or is it likely to be my aftershave?

If anyone has suggestions on after shave to use etc plead let me know.

I am thinking of getting an alum block and also quick like the Edwin jagger after shave after use from a tester pot.

It´s most likely the AS not working = bad AS and maybe a rough shave/sensitive skin.

Depending on your skin type it´s hard to recommend something - some of the ones I like a lot and that I think have a good "after effect": Italian Floid, Aqua Velva by William, Mennen Skinbracer, Dr Harris Sandalwood, Old Spice Shulton mix, Ogallala and Tabac.

Thanks for the reply.

The shave before this I used the Edwin jagger sample and didnt get this effect.

Maybe it is the one i used today. Along with maybe a shave too close on my neck. Will try the EJ again next time
See what happens.

I am also ordering an alum block as well see if that helps

Go back a step and (a) let your skin heal first, then (b) use the same razor next time without using after shave, use plain water splash.
Observe the result.

It is assumed your technique is ok, however and even though one may think so this is not guaranteed.
Therefore preferably get a good after shave (see above post) and use it consistently, then observe results over a long period of time.

I was getting irritation in the neck for almost a year. I did not know what was wrong but never took a step back to read the tutorials and change one variable at a time.
Now I shave with an open comb and get terrific shaves. If you know your face and the right technique to shave, you'll have no issues no matter what razor, as or asb you use.

N_Architect said:
Go back a step and (a) let your skin heal first, then (b) use the same razor next time without using after shave, use plain water splash.
Observe the result.

It is assumed your technique is ok, however and even though one may think so this is not guaranteed.
Therefore preferably get a good after shave (see above post) and use it consistently, then observe results over a long period of time.

I was getting irritation in the neck for almost a year. I did not know what was wrong but never took a step back to read the tutorials and change one variable at a time.
Now I shave with an open comb and get terrific shaves. If you know your face and the right technique to shave, you'll have no issues no matter what razor, as or asb you use.

I am hoping technique on my neck will help, this has always been my worst place.

Some hair goes from left to right I have found, so when shaving xtg, I am really going more against, I think this could help a lot to perfect that area.

Ok, try shaving that neck area with the weight of the razor only, and no multiple strokes over the same part during any pass.
You'll see the difference straight away, even though in the beginning only 90% of the stubble there may be removed.
Once you get used to that, small touch ups later will be soon giving you excellent shaves.

N_Architect said:
Ok, try shaving that neck area with the weight of the razor only, and no multiple strokes over the same part during any pass.
You'll see the difference straight away, even though in the beginning only 90% of the stubble there may be removed.
Once you get used to that, small touch ups later will be soon giving you excellent shaves.

Thanks, I will try that wtg on each pass as well and build it up.

Just adding to Mikael's list of splashes which are relatively benign:
Speick. The best of the lot, if you like the scent.
Musgo Real. Not much of a sting and very nourishing, leaves you with a shiny chin if you use it neat, though. Smells just wonderful, in my opinion.
Lacura. Aldi's 99p range, and not to be sniffed at ;) Despite the price and the gym locker room scent, works very well.

Ohh, I forgot one AS though (+ excellent tips from the other guys aswell!)

Sunbury´s Barbershop Bay Rum AS, truly good stuff - the antiseptic, anti fungal anti-inflammatory properties of the clove oil in it works magic for your skin :D

I have found that applying a balm or splash to a damp face is better for my then applying to a dry one.

Just something else that you might try.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom