soaps

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so i went to this event yesterday and there was a lady selling all sorts of soaps,
she was selling this olive oil soap which has over 70% olive oil in it, think it was this product below
reminds me of the PAA pre shave soap

anyways just made me think that theres so many beneficial soaps out there im yet to try
i did find my african black soap last night and will be using that more often now,
if you dont know about african black soap just go on youtube and search it its supposed to be very good

i also use pine tar soap as a shampoo for my beard and ive used black seed oil soap before too a long time a go that is....

i was wondering if theres any good soaps you could recommend?

i do want to try goats milk soap, tea tree and peppermint soap and a turmeric and honey soap

i'm also interested in looking into and learning how to make my own soaps too

p.s sorry wasnt sure which part of the forum to post this in

I have used the Aleppo and Marseilles soaps, which are excellent. The only downside with the high percentage olive oil soaps is that, if you use a facecloth or flannel rather than direct to the skin, the former becomes rather oily/sticky/slimy quite fast, and requires a very good boiling to clean it well (that's my distaff laundress's moan). The large block Marseilles is a bit big to handle, and is a so-and-so if, when new, I've dropped it on my foot when showering, so I've taken to cutting it into smaller bits.

Of late, I've been buying the superb toilet soaps from the maker of great shaving soaps, Signature, but I will likely have some more French soaps soon, which I have usually purchased from French Soaps in the UK. A while ago, they were having supply problems (Covid and Brexit, I think) and didn't have quite what I wanted, but I think that the position has improved. I hope it stays that way.

Wow nice collection mate, what's the best from your experience?

Also any recommendations for stuff like acne and eczema?
Aleppo soap is quite good for the scalp, it's probably the bay oil. As mentioned previously, Sulphur soap is great for skin conditions and I buy that in bulk too. I prefer Christina May soaps, but I have picked up around 8 different brands from Europe and two were very good. I have no idea which they were without investigating further.

I have used the Aleppo and Marseilles soaps, which are excellent. The only downside with the high percentage olive oil soaps is that, if you use a facecloth or flannel rather than direct to the skin, the former becomes rather oily/sticky/slimy quite fast, and requires a very good boiling to clean it well (that's my distaff laundress's moan). The large block Marseilles is a bit big to handle, and is a so-and-so if, when new, I've dropped it on my foot when showering, so I've taken to cutting it into smaller bits.

Of late, I've been buying the superb toilet soaps from the maker of great shaving soaps, Signature, but I will likely have some more French soaps soon, which I have usually purchased from French Soaps in the UK. A while ago, they were having supply problems (Covid and Brexit, I think) and didn't have quite what I wanted, but I think that the position has improved. I hope it stays that way.
Thank you, Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom