Soaps that have surprised/underwhelmed you

Hi John,
Whilst not too many soaps have disappointed me is it okay if I offer the contrary view and say that I'm really a fan of Sue "Mama Bear"'s soaps & shaving soaps. I've ordered them direct from her in the past direct fom U.S.A. & the personal sevice is as good as the products. She'll also make up to order winter & summer grades of after shave balm in your fave scent. & trust me, her version of Brute is eay more like the original Faberge from the 60s (Yes, I am that old) than the later 33% version. Luxury on a sleety, cold, miserable west of Scotland morning doesn't get much better for a start than a close shave with a Muhler DE , Feather blade & Momma's soap. The simple pleasures remain the best !
All the best from rainy Scotia. JohnnyO.

Hi, I guess by "surprised" I meant in terms of having better performance than the cost/reputation would have you believe.

Yes, MB's are awesome, I'm surprised Teiste doesn't like them. I agree with him on Saint Charles though, lather just dries and disappears halfway through a pass!

I prefer MB's to Trumper's and DR Harris soaps.

I wish MB's was cheaper to ship to the UK. I'd be buying a TONNE if it was....

John

jhclare said:
Hi, I guess by "surprised" I meant in terms of having better performance than the cost/reputation would have you believe.

Yes, MB's are awesome, I'm surprised Teiste doesn't like them. I agree with him on Saint Charles though, lather just dries and disappears halfway through a pass!

I prefer MB's to Trumper's and DR Harris soaps.

I wish MB's was cheaper to ship to the UK. I'd be buying a TONNE if it was....

John
John,I dont like them but to be honest they smell great(at least most of them do).

Back
Top Bottom