Soap press

I haven't one of those but you can simply grate most soaps with a cheese grater then squash the gratings in to the bowl or mug. Glycerine soaps can be melted (gently) in the microwave and poured in.

Thanks for the replies, I didn't want a production line, I just thought it would be sensible to collect up all the shards that get left spinning in the bowl when the soap gets used, then make one new soap perhaps once or twice a year.

Maybe I can just get a couple of Erasmic bowls and make a press with them.

eneville said:
Thanks for the replies, I didn't want a production line, I just thought it would be sensible to collect up all the shards that get left spinning in the bowl when the soap gets used, then make one new soap perhaps once or twice a year.

How much soap are you using exactly?

antdad said:
eneville said:

Product is evil - must use more!!!!

antdad said:
eneville said:

I don't have my own mixture, I was just thinking to make the odd bar here and there. Just in very small quantities, perhaps if I enjoyed the process I'd add more glycerine or oil, just experimentation really.

I have no idea what you are talking about however Palmolive stick is a far superior soap since the reformulation of Erasmic and £1 worth should last you for long enough to not have to worry about collecting shards or adding ingredients to augment performance.

antdad said:
I have no idea what you are talking about however Palmolive stick is a far superior soap since the reformulation of Erasmic and £1 worth should last you for long enough to not have to worry about collecting shards or adding ingredients to augment performance.

Oh I just thought it would be worth doing, for one thing I don't like using soap in a stick form, I prefer it as a cake in a bowl or mug than dribbling soap all over the place. So, I just thought since I've had to microwave bars into bowls before that it might be worth:

- getting a press and making the cakes from sticks
- collecting up the old bits and forming cakes from those (perhaps with bars also)
- adding some other bits and pieces to the mix to perhaps make it more tuned for me

Doing some subtle alterations might make it better for me, you never know, I'm saying I could do something better than already manufactured but perhaps the smell or texture might be nice to change.

Here's how to mill soap into a container if you don't like using sticks....<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23892</a><!-- m -->

You won't be the last to try mixing hard soaps hoping to combine properties, in theory it sounds plausible, in practice...well you'll just have to see if its worth it.

Arrowhead said:
There's an irresistible voice in my head urging me to mention the cinva ram. Adapt that principle, and you be able to compress pretty much anything.

That's a seriously neat way to compress material, and doesn't require any power, compress what you like, providing the parts can withstand the force and the length of the arm permits. Very nice indeed.

Back
Top Bottom