Soap, first impressions

I'm trying out several soaps these days and comparing lathers. I picked up some Wilkinson in the blue tub due to bad reviews (wanted to see what a crap soap did) and I have to say, barring any talk of lathering ability I give it 2 thumbs down for smell alone.

Guys, don't even THINK of shaving with this before associating with women, please.

The smell is still clinging, ugh!

Must cancel this out with some nice Dr. Harris, or Nanny's...

There's some D R Harris soap bowls going cheap on Amazon at the moment Lisa.

It's well worth checking them out as they make some of the best soap out there.

Talking about shockingly bad products, I just tried some L'Occitane Cade cream and it is just truly awful (thankfully I paid nowhere near full price for it though).

I'll send you a tube over if you like so that you can compare its badness against the Wilkinson's soap. :)

Interesting, I wonder why the cream doesn't live up to the soap, is it possible it isn't concentrated enough? Andy, I'd love to try the cream to compare :)

I really wonder if it's a case of having to use more cream than soap, being diluted, but I don't exactly have a wealth of experience in these matters. Andy, I just bought the l
Dr. Harris lavender soap in the bowl, thanks for the head's up!

I wonder if some soaps/creams require a certain type of brush. I never bothered with soaps after a lack of lather with my first brush, a cheap boar. When I went silvertip badger I haven't had many lathering problems; MWF and Cade cream are fine (not tried Cade soap).

badger brushes hold more water than boar

usually you can get a lather with certain soaps easier with badger.

talking about wilkinsons, a couple members here are convinced they could get a better shave using brie instead of Wilkinson blue bowl

Northam Saint said:
I got a tube of the Cade Cream given to me at Christmas, very disappointing stuff. Anyone any tips on how to get a decent lather out f it?

Place contents of tube into a blender, add 100ml of hot water and finallt add two big glugs of..

Pulse blend for 40 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom