soap bowl

Is this a joke
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shaving-Soap-Bowl-wood-Design-all-famous-sope-sizes-/120714602722?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item1c1b26a8e2

Only 69 sold

Others with this item number sold for £3.99. I have no idea whether there is some mistake here or if they are just trying their luck. I'd have thought it was the former as surely nobody would fall for £100 and they'll be losing sales if this price stays.

pugh-the-special-one said:
They are trying it on, trouble being there's no catagory for reporting this to ebay, maybe there should be.

Jamie

sope.jpg

You can report it using the link highlighted, surely though no-one is going to think that's worth £100 and buy it.
Better option would be to contact the seller, it's got to be a genuine mistake:icon_razz:

I once contacted a vendor about an ovepriced item on ebay,he explained it was done on purpose to put people off as he was going on holiday and didnt want the expense or hassle of removing and then relisting the item upon his return.

Dave.

Yes you can use this, but it will offer you a specific catagory of why you are reporting this item, and you will not find something that says report this item for being overpriced.

Jamie.

Is this because ebay then get a repeat listing fee when the seller has to relist the item with a more realistic price, or because they don't get involved regarding price since they are essentially only a "host" for the sale?

Gingerpose said:
Yes you can use this, but it will offer you a specific catagory of why you are reporting this item, and you will not find something that says report this item for being overpriced.

Jamie.

Is this because ebay then get a repeat listing fee when the seller has to relist the item with a more realistic price, or because they don't get involved regarding price since they are essentially only a "host" for the sale?

That's pobably so, the higher anything sells for the more percentage of the sale they get, also as you say if it does not sell well here comes another listing fee, a win win situation no matter what. but if you think about it logically even though we know it's ridiculously overpriced there's no law that says you can only sell certain things for X amount money, I would think Ebays legal team are more than aware of this.

Jamie

Arrowhead said:
There's an old fella who calls in at our workshop for woodturning blanks now and then - I'll ask him how much he'd want for a bowl of this type next time he shows up. I'm guessing a pint.
Sounds about right, but then he gets those blanks for free I guess? If you need to buy blanks at retail wood prices (rather than buying wood by the tree) and need to supply the bowls with an adequate waterproof finish (which the depicted bowl doesn't apparently have), I would guess that cost would be in the Eur 10,- range.

talking about ebay

there way a coticule on there the other day

standard yellow coticule no slurry stone sold for £55 (no inc delivery)

could get one from amazon for £52 deliverd

tempted to buy one then flog it on ebay with box, probably get loads from it

henkverhaar said:
Arrowhead said:
There's an old fella who calls in at our workshop for woodturning blanks now and then - I'll ask him how much he'd want for a bowl of this type next time he shows up. I'm guessing a pint.
Sounds about right, but then he gets those blanks for free I guess? If you need to buy blanks at retail wood prices (rather than buying wood by the tree) and need to supply the bowls with an adequate waterproof finish (which the depicted bowl doesn't apparently have), I would guess that cost would be in the Eur 10,- range.

Yes, you guess right Henk, and he just takes whatever we give him. Mostly fruit bowl size pieces, so he's saving quite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom