So Now I'm Part of the "Green Cult"...

Gentlemen. I recently received a new Green Cult razor from Austria. When it arrived, my initial response was, this is ...HILARIOUS.
The packaging was totally "We have no small packages, what do we do?...no problem, I will cut down a bigger box to accommodate the smaller items(s)."

Well, when it arrived, I thought it had been kicked around the loading dock for a couple of hours. But no...it was just bad packaging...which I'm ok with.
Anyway, here's a few pics of what I received. Also as far as the actual razor packaging is concerned...it's just fine. All paper and easily re-cycled.

Now, onto the shave, I weighed the razor with the original handle and found a weight of 120 gms. A very solid razor weighing in at 120 gms. It's a fairly long handle, even longer than my Yates hybrid razor handle. Which is fine as well. I had swapped it out for a Ti handle made by drunkrusbear for a while but went back to the origibal.The fit and finish are fine, with definite machining marks on the head and handle which adds to its charm.

Wow! This is a razor that is serious about whisker removal. I used Mitchell woolfat soap along with a handmade brush and lathered up. The blade was a Feather with two shaves on it.

This razor has almost zero audible input. It just immediately felt like a shaver you pay attention to. OK. So this is a GREAT shaver. Very efficient and mild. By mild, I mean after shaving there was no irritation, redness etc. But DO pay attention. This is not a shaver to be overly casual with and do not use any extra pressure, just let the razor do the work. I did one pass and then some ATG buffing etc to clear up a few areas. It's easy to manoeuvre and the balance is good as well. Damn...this is a very good razor.
I would suggest a sharp blade and I have been using Feathers and PolSilvers as well. The PolSilver gave me another terrific shave.. I love this thing.
41E80936-194E-4B58-992C-93B5ED0DFFDA.jpegFC9E0997-D4CB-455E-9A36-D7A274863BF7.jpeg145EBAC4-3F17-44A7-8B65-8C2660C75639.jpegDFACFE11-6002-4B3F-BCAF-B11A6AE5D543_1_201_a.jpeg315EB5DB-6C74-43A7-8C98-2906AA3B574E.jpegA59208B0-B8FB-4AD9-B5EF-CA6D65258F66.jpeg

What makes you say that Chris? Is it the 'Henson-esque' shape of the top cap or the finish?
The only time I've experienced any stiction or drag is the satin finish on the Pearl Flexi.
A mixture of both. Whilst that top cap isn't as angular as that of the Winning, its shape got me thinking.

A mixture of both. Whilst that top cap isn't as angular as that of the Winning, its shape got me thinking.

It does look to have a scallop line either side of the ridge, which would mitigate against that. That, and the striations side to side on the cap. When I've polished brass up to a mirror finish, it can be grabby - just roughing it up a tad across even a FeOx strop gives it a little slip.

Back
Top Bottom