So I'd been playing around with the idea of trying to polish up my Karve Overlander a bit.

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
After seeing comments on a related post by another member, I opted to pick up a tube of Peek and a first attempt by hand. Turned better than I thought it would, and not too shabby all things considered I think.

View attachment 91634
I've done a little polishing using very fine wet and dry along with metal polish with good results in the past, you can only get so far with polish on its own but a good effort for a first try. ::)

Paul.

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Yes, place the brass parts in a glass and cover completely in ketchup, leave for a few hours and then wash off. Not magic but it will look cleaner and less tarnished.
Ketchup definitely works.
i used to put HP on my fishing rod rings if they were a tad rusty & the vinegar in the HP would remove the rust.
Vinegar was to thin so the HP was idea.
never tried it on my razors mind

Leave a mild razor in a glass of Coke overnight and wake up to a dermatome. Probably*.

*I'm not serious, I'm sure it would not actually widen the blade gap appreciably overnight, but Coke is pretty acidic, I've used a bottle of own brand cola and a scrunched up ball of tin foil to get rust or discolouration off of motorcycle exhaust downpipes! It's drinkable Demon Wheels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom