So I discovered a new soap called "Tabac"...

I love Tabac too though I do find the scent a little bit cloying. Some say there is a hint of tobacco there but I find it more of a floral scent. I looked it up online and the scent is described as fougere which i believe is fern scent with lavender. Anyway I like it because the performance of the lather is so good so can put up with the smell. Other cheap but good soaps i like are Prorasso Menthol and the humble Arko shaving stick. Tcheon Fung Sing is brilliatnt to but hard to get here. If you ever go to Italy stock up.

Depending on what you are after there are quite a few TFS soaps available in the UK for a good price, eg the TFS Almond/RasoZero from Connaught which is around £10/12 for a 1kg.

I wasn't massively enthusiastic about the Tabac scent to begin with, but I've grown used to it. In addition, with the wrapper off the shaving stick seems to lose quite a bit of it's scent with time.

I have tried Fine Soap in their barbershop scent. I found it a bit too highly perfumed. Tabac is a nice enough fragrance so can bear it. I like Arko too: nice citrus scent and the stick lasts ages. Honestly with these two soaps I ca manage. I see little sense now in paying for high priced artisan soaps. I got into wet shaving in the first place as I am. cheapskate lol.

I have tried Fine Soap in their barbershop scent. I found it a bit too highly perfumed. Tabac is a nice enough fragrance so can bear it. I like Arko too: nice citrus scent and the stick lasts ages. Honestly with these two soaps I ca manage. I see little sense now in paying for high priced artisan soaps. I got into wet shaving in the first place as I am. cheapskate lol.

The mere fact that you like the scent of both Tabac and Arko is enough for us to question your very sanity. :oops:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

Lol each to their own I guess. Arko is just lemon curd sort of smell to me. It reminds me of some good Turkish barber shaves I have had as it is a mainstay with them just as Prorasso menthol is with Italian batbers. Tabac is quite floral but it makes a change from the more musky colognes I have like Penhaligon LP number 9 and Kouros by YSL. I get these though as they are cheap and the lather is some of the best I have come across.Both of them leave the skin feeling lovely. I think tallow based soaps are the way to go for me though Wickhams is very good for a veggie soap.

Back
Top Bottom