Slickboys customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember ordering some aftershave from Connaught (the 400ml Proraso) which arrived in a soggy but nice smelling box. The lid had worked its way loose in transit - losing about 100ml or so - apparently, it was quite a common issue with these bottles. Anyway, I emailed him just to let him know for future orders, I said I didn't need to return it as there was still plenty left and the postage and hassle weren't worth it. The next day a full bottle arrives at my house (with the lid taped on) no mention of returning the faulty bottle, no mention of covering postage. To me, that is customer service and why vendors like Paul have been my go-to for a long time. It is also one of the reasons - I think - these guys have been in business for as long as they have.

I remember ordering some aftershave from Connaught (the 400ml Proraso) which arrived in a soggy but nice smelling box. The lid had worked its way loose in transit - losing about 100ml or so - apparently, it was quite a common issue with these bottles. Anyway, I emailed him just to let him know for future orders, I said I didn't need to return it as there was still plenty left and the postage and hassle weren't worth it. The next day a full bottle arrives at my house (with the lid taped on) no mention of returning the faulty bottle, no mention of covering postage. To me, that is customer service and why vendors like Paul have been my go-to for a long time. It is also one of the reasons - I think - these guys have been in business for as long as they have.
That’s a great example of fantastic customer service, I had something very similar with shaving time, I emailed Dave to let him know..no questions asked he sent out a replacement same day and told me to keep the other, I offered to send photos to which he replied it wasn’t necessary. This demonstrated a trust that he has in his customers which I have to say goes a long way to making you feel like a valued customer. It’s when an issue arises that we see the true level of customer service

That’s a great example of fantastic customer service, I had something very similar with shaving time, I emailed Dave to let him know..no questions asked he sent out a replacement same day and told me to keep the other, I offered to send photos to which he replied it wasn’t necessary. This demonstrated a trust that he has in his customers which I have to say goes a long way to making you feel like a valued customer. It’s when an issue arises that we see the true level of customer service
When something goes wrong is the only time you see what the customer service is really like, putting the goods into a box and posting it to you is not customer service, you are paying them to post the goods you have just brought.

Paul.

When something goes wrong is the only time you see what the customer service is really like, putting the goods into a box and posting it to you is not customer service, you are paying them to post the goods you have just brought.

Paul.
100% agree packaging etc has been covered and even being payed for work time has all been factored in. It’s when something goes wrong that you don’t get paid any extra for but demonstrate you are willing to correct it no matter how long it takes to keep you’re customers happy and keep repeat business coming in. Sometimes it’s not about today...putting the extra effort in and going over and above can pay off further down the line ten fold

I have had the same great experience with Connaught , a soap i ordered that did not like the scent of (So no defect) they said I could exchange so I posted back the soap , and they sent me the new one with that postage at their cost. I offered to pay the carriage to have the replacement sent but they said it was fine. Given the mistake was all mine I thought that was a very generous gesture.

I had a similar positive experience of excellent service from Paul at Connaught - I bought a few things including blades but they were overlooked when the order was packaged up - no problem - I wasn't going to run out - dropped him a mail - next day I received more than I had paid for and he had taken the hit on a more expensive postal service - that's how you deal with a problem. I.

Same experience with slickboys, was a noble otter aftershave

That honestly is good to hear..maybe it was just a one off and he made a bit of a rash decision without really thinking it through we all do make mistakes and I suppose it’s how we go forwards and learn from it that matters
I can’t complain with slickboys, I had a few problemy with some deliveries(royal mail fault) and they were always helpful and always resolved these problems

I remember emailing to ask if they could send me a 2011 version of the Muhle R41 (this was 2012 or 2013), which they happily obliged to).
I asked Anthony a few times to get me brushes etc in from SV and he was more than happy to do so he beat the price that SV were charging customers and there was no shipping fee and then he honoured the discount for forum members too..couldn’t have possibly asked for more

I asked Anthony a few times to get me brushes etc in from SV and he was more than happy to do so he beat the price that SV were charging customers and there was no shipping fee and then he honoured the discount for forum members too..couldn’t have possibly asked for more
Do you or anyone else know what happened that the shavelounge had to close down? I did see it mentioned few times on the forum and seeing as customer service was really good it made me curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom