Slickboys customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you or anyone else know what happened that the shavelounge had to close down? I did see it mentioned few times on the forum and seeing as customer service was really good it made me curious
I think It was down to there being a lot of competition and perhaps he drove his prices into the ground a bit to the point it wasn’t paying..if you take executive shaving for example their prices are fairly high not with everything but with most things they ask that bit extra and charge for postage..guess that’s why they are still here ! I did hear some talk a while back of shave lounge coming back but not sure it is the same people that plan to bring it back, the website still exists

Thanks @RussellR5555 and @Olie29 !
Quite interesting tbh. Might do some digging around and see if I can find out anything else!
I mean seeing as they could get items at lower prices in some cases, I’d think they’d manage to make up the difference just be the sheer volume - but then there’s a lot of variables too after all, how well know they are etc. Would be interesting to see them back!

Quite interesting tbh. Might do some digging around and see if I can find out anything else!
I mean seeing as they could get items at lower prices in some cases, I’d think they’d manage to make up the difference just be the sheer volume - but then there’s a lot of variables too after all, how well know they are etc. Would be interesting to see them back!
Anthony stated they wanted to pursue other interests at the time. Doubt they'll be coming back.

Apparently Shave Lounge will be resurrected by the folk who own The Modern Man

To be honest when shave lounge were around I’m surprised executive got any business but on the other hand executive have a massive stock shave lounge didn’t stock half as much but would get pretty much anything in on request. Having the assets to keep such vast stock is something that really hurts the competition sometimes

Edit as @Boycie83 and @RussellR5555 said there was talk of him wanting to pursue other interests but I do recall something he said about the competition and the business perhaps not being that viable

Last edited:
Didn’t know where to post this but was wondering if anyone else had been met with less than acceptable customer service from this vendor . Have just received an order and although it smells great I have found the packaging to be defective, I contacted Slickboys to ask for this product replacing and was told I would be liable for return postage to have it exchanged. I don’t believe this to be acceptable as it isn’t a change of mind returns it’s on the basis of defective packaging having used lots of other vendors previously if I’ve ever come across a problem I’ve always been met with great customer service and a willingness to correct the problem at no charge to myself. When I raised that I shouldn’t be liable for the return costs on a defective product I have since been completely ignored. Seems a little off anybody else had issues ?
I’m Very surprised to hear this
infact i would say at the minute they are my number one vendor that iv been using regular.
i have had two slight issues however to me they have highlighted what a great place it is.
Firstly a couple of months ago my wife bought me a A&E splash but she made a mistake and bought me one that i already had.
Finn at slickboys had no hesitation in swapping this for me which he didn’t have to do.
Most recently my wife bought me the 3 mammoth soaps that he had & by accident they sent a doubler, after i contacted them i had the missing soap in the house the very next day with no p&p to pay.
Just shows you how different people have different experiences

I’m Very surprised to hear this
infact i would say at the minute they are my number one vendor that iv been using regular.
i have had two slight issues however to me they have highlighted what a great place it is.
Firstly a couple of months ago my wife bought me a A&E splash but she made a mistake and bought me one that i already had.
Finn at slickboys had no hesitation in swapping this for me which he didn’t have to do.
Most recently my wife bought me the 3 mammoth soaps that he had & by accident they sent a doubler, after i contacted them i had the missing soap in the house the very next day with no p&p to pay.
Just shows you how different people have different experiences
You’re not the first to say that they have replaced things no questions asked, a defect is a defect no matter how small or big it’s defective all the same, perhaps as it was only a small issue he thought it could be brushed under the carpet, I really don’t know he said himself he didn’t know why he didn’t just offer to supply a returns label and take the issue up with the maker. What I do know is that it was eventually put right but would have been preferable if it had been resolved in the first instance. He assured me that it won’t happen again and I do hope for everyone’s sake that it doesn’t. I’m glad you had a much better experience than me after all we do want our vendors to be reliable and want to know that if we do happen to have issues that they would be more than happy to step in and do whatever it takes to help resolve it

As I said it’s not a huge issue it’s overhanging on one side of the tub but when unscrewing it caught my hand almost pulling it off which is not what I want, some people might not mind but I see presentation as part of what you are paying for at £27 a tub and don’t want one that the label comes off of leaving it looking less than desirable, I have a diagnosed medical condition of OCD and maybe it’s just me but it’s a huge trigger. He did confirm that the others are not like this so I don’t see why I should pay as much as everyone else and be left with a defective one just the way I am I’m afraid, he didn’t deny that it shouldn’t be like this but just said they don’t have a free returns service and that it’s down to the customer to pay any returns costs for replacement

here’s a photo

View attachment 68134

If your paying top money then your right to expect a top product and not a make do, that's for items that are under a fiver.
I would be annoyed also.

As I said it’s not a huge issue it’s overhanging on one side of the tub but when unscrewing it caught my hand almost pulling it off which is not what I want, some people might not mind but I see presentation as part of what you are paying for at £27 a tub and don’t want one that the label comes off of leaving it looking less than desirable, I have a diagnosed medical condition of OCD and maybe it’s just me but it’s a huge trigger. He did confirm that the others are not like this so I don’t see why I should pay as much as everyone else and be left with a defective one just the way I am I’m afraid, he didn’t deny that it shouldn’t be like this but just said they don’t have a free returns service and that it’s down to the customer to pay any returns costs for replacement

here’s a photo

View attachment 68134
That photo is useless.

You want to destroy the man and his business over a crooked label?
Toby do you have nothing to do today but comment on old posts ? to answer your question yes I would you shouldn’t be in business if you can’t get it right. Such a thing as quality control..might not have been much of that going on with your vintage paraphernalia but I expect my modern stuff to be right

@TobyC can I ask why you are commenting on a post about customer service in the UK you’re not from the UK so stick to the laws of your own land. That’s how we do things here and if you don’t like it that’s okie because you don’t live here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom