Slickboys customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I bet they do

Exactly why no sensible vendor will touch those products, all it takes is one disgruntled customer or envious competitor to report you and you're facing tens of thousands of pounds in fines and potential jail time.

giphy.gif

Exactly why no sensible vendor will touch those products, all it takes is one disgruntled customer or envious competitor to report you and you're facing tens of thousands of pounds in fines and potential jail time.

giphy.gif
This is very true I’m sure they would love nothing better than to make an example of the first to break the new rules

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've dealt with Slickboys in the past with no issue. However, I would feel the same as you if I was asked to pay to return an item that shouldnt have been sent out, especially at full price. I like my labels and tubs look good too. When I'm paying for anything, its the whole product and package I'm paying for and all of it should be right.

Maybe you should contact the soap maker direct and explain the situation to them. Most of them are usually quite good and understanding when it comes to customer service.
Thank you Kevy I think I may contact them tomorrow and explain the issue I’ve had with one of their vendors

Just an update to say after contacting Zingari Man directly I have had a response from Heather who is looking into the quality control of her products and going to get back to me. It seems she has raised this with slickboys as I have just had a reply from him begrudgingly suggesting I pay for postage up front and once he receives it back I will be refunded, I still find this less than satisfactory he should have a procedure in place where customers can return faulty and defective goods at no cost as the law states. Seems all the convenience is put on the customer along with any costs if he thinks he can get away with it. Sometimes I can’t believe the audacity of some people I have explained that I have left a less than favourable review regarding his poor customer service and said that I hope he learns from this some things just don’t go away and ignoring the issue really isn’t good for business. I have also made it quite clear that this is a less than satisfactory solution and I will be taking it further.

Just an update to say after contacting Zingari Man directly I have had a response from Heather who is looking into the quality control of her products and going to get back to me. It seems she has raised this with slickboys as I have just had a reply from him begrudgingly suggesting I pay for postage up front and once he receives it back I will be refunded, I still find this less than satisfactory he should have a procedure in place where customers can return faulty and defective goods at no cost as the law states. Seems all the convenience is put on the customer along with any costs if he thinks he can get away with it. Sometimes I can’t believe the audacity of some people I have explained that I have left a less than favourable review regarding his poor customer service and said that I hope he learns from this some things just don’t go away and ignoring the issue really isn’t good for business. I have also made it quite clear that this is a less than satisfactory solution and I will be taking it further.
Well I hope you get satisfaction and also your postal costs refunded.
Keep us posted.
Edit: make sure it's a tracked service you use, they can't say " we haven't received it yet" !!!
Paul.

Well I hope you get satisfaction and also your postal costs refunded.
Keep us posted.
Edit: make sure it's a tracked service you use, they can't say " we haven't received it yet" !!!
Paul.
Had a personal phone call to apologise, feeling a little bit happier that they have attempted to put it right and I think he took the point that attention to detail and making a customer feel valued is what brings back repeat business, should have been offered it before and don’t know why they tried to avoid paying return costs but they do now have the facility to do a free UPS returns label which is definitely something. The soap is being replaced free of charge due to the inconvenience caused and he has assured me this won’t happen again and any defective returns will be done with a free returns label. Just shouldn’t have got to the stage it did should have been given a label from the off and there wouldn’t have been an issue but at least it has now been resolved and will put it down to experience

Had a personal phone call to apologise, feeling a little bit happier that they have attempted to put it right and I think he took the point that attention to detail and making a customer feel valued is what brings back repeat business, should have been offered it before and don’t know why they tried to avoid paying return costs but they do now have the facility to do a free UPS returns label which is definitely something. The soap is being replaced free of charge due to the inconvenience caused and he has assured me this won’t happen again and any defective returns will be done with a free returns label. Just shouldn’t have got to the stage it did should have been given a label from the off and there wouldn’t have been an issue but at least it has now been resolved and will put it down to experience
Glad you've now got closure on it.

Since you're getting a nice new soap, want to swap your wonky eyesore for some fountain pens? ;) :LOL:

Glad to hear you've had it resolved. But, Slick Boys have completely let themselves down here and I suspect that with you raising your concerns directly with the manufacture and voicing their pish poor customer service issues on here, that has initiated a change of tack.
But I certainly won't be using them for any future purchases

Glad to hear you've had it resolved. But, Slick Boys have completely let themselves down here and I suspect that with you raising your concerns directly with the manufacture and voicing their pish poor customer service issues on here, that has initiated a change of tack.
But I certainly won't be using them for any future purchases
I think you’re right if nothing had been said nothing would have changed he sent an email to confirm dispatch of the new soap and said that he had been mulling over the way he had handled it and suggested he has learnt from the experience, anybody can make a mistake it’s what we do to put it right that counts but in all honesty that should be in the first instance when it’s raised not further down the line when you are left with no choice. I did explain to him during the telephone conversation that I have reported him to trading standards not only due to this issue but also because he wasn’t abiding by the new EU rules and regulations, maybe that’s what gave a sudden change of heart but he did ensure me it wouldn’t happen again in the future. Sometimes it’s just too late to put it right though and in hindsight you realise you should have put it right in the first place

Last edited:
I think you’re right if nothing had been said nothing would have changed he sent an email to confirm dispatch of the new soap and said that he had been mulling over the way he had handled it and suggested he has learnt from the experience, anybody can make a mistake it’s what we do to put it right that counts but in all honesty that should be in the first instance when it’s raised not further down the line when you are left with no choice. I did explain to him during the telephone conversation that I have reported him to trading standards not only due to this issue but also because he wasn’t abiding by the new EU rules and regulations, maybe that’s what gave a sudden change of heart but he did ensure me it wouldn’t happen again in the future. Sometimes it’s just too late to put it right though and in hindsight you realise you should have put it right in the first place
He has has to say that, but he's completely blown his foot off the way it has been handled. He may have added some sweeteners as a good will gesture along with the replacement soap

I've been following this thread with interest - glad you eventually got a result. What an idiot the guy is - did you at any stage point out you were an active member of a shaving forum? I notice this thread has been read - at the time of typing this - 818 times - and presumably that does not include non-members? How to fuck off a significant part of your core sales base in one easy lesson. Smart. Not. Go on - in the interests of fairness - give him the right to respond here. :) I.

He has has to say that, but he's completely blown his foot off the way it has been handled. He may have added some sweeteners as a good will gesture along with the replacement soap
He didn’t offer to replace the soap he asked if replacing just the lid would be acceptable to which I replied that he could do whatever he liked and that it was his choice but that in my opinion the very least he could do was to send a new soap free of charge due to all the inconvenience and that if he chose not to then he had most certainly ensured that not only would I never use his company again but that I would not be recommending him to anyone and would be leaving reviews to reflect his appalling customer service, I explained how it works in the community and how one great review can lead to lots of repeat business and also how in minutes somebody’s reputation that they have spent years building can be completely ruined, I explained that him trying to weasel his way out of paying for a return had now cost him much more in the long run not only for the cost of the product but more so on the future business he has now lost in doing so, I think he rang to tell me he had forwarded me a free shipping label like he was doing me some kind of favour and that that would be the end of it but I think he soon realised he had bitten off more than he could chew, I just wonder how many customers he has done this to in the past and they have just accepted it

Last edited:
I've been following this thread with interest - glad you eventually got a result. What an idiot the guy is - did you at any stage point out you were an active member of a shaving forum? I notice this thread has been read - at the time of typing this - 818 times - and presumably that does not include non-members? How to fuck off a significant part of your core sales base in one easy lesson. Smart. Not. Go on - in the interests of fairness - give him the right to respond here. :) I.
I most certainly did, I also told him I had reported him to trading standards and why I was very open and honest which is more than could be said for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom