Slant Day came early!

Yippee! All that hype! Aggressive! More blade exposed! Sure to bite!

I took your advice and waited till I had more experience but then grew impatient by twelve days. Bearing in mind how careful one has to be with a slant, I put a Derby in - so forgiving, not to mention draggy after the first stroke. Light of touch ....

Why aren't all razors slants? Brilliant shave! Even sorted my hard to shave places - wings of my moustache and wings of under-my-chin. Growing in all directions? Seems to matter not one jot to a slant - Sword of Damacles, straight through the middle.

My Merkur 39C has just got itself a name - Damacles. Love it! I'll try with a Russian 7 o'clock tomorrow, see if we can't get BBS all over.

So two problems: What to call the 37C (cheaper than a Hoffritz and readily available) that's on it's way and ...any tips for getting the sideburns horizontal/square? I spent quite a bit of time waggling the razor handle forwards and backwards in the mirror before making contact trying to judge correct alignment. In the end I shaved a bit shy of the line WTG and got it all square X and ATG. Is there a better way?

I like my slants a lot, but I have discovered that I can't use them for more than a few weeks in a row because my skin becomes more and more sensitive (particularly along and just below my jawline).

They are good fun though and I shall just use mine intermittently going forward.

Canuck said:
You shall call your 37c "the mallet", and that shall be its name.

Or, even Timmy, the second most famous mallet after your new acquisition.
Not quite the monsters they are sometimes made out to be these slants, are they.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Fido said:
I hate these enthusiastic threads. Tempted, but I've learnt to resist.

Freud would have said that such a perspective is grossly repressive, and will express itself in a wanton orgy of profligate excess in the future. Don't say I didn't try to warn you...

:sleepy:​

Back
Top Bottom