Skin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alcoladoglacial.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alcoladoglacial.com/</a><!-- m -->

Urban hermit mentioned it on here a while back , a few of the other members have given it a try.

+1 for not using aftershave balms! I likewise now use Old Spice, Pinaud Bay Rum and hopefully some Acolado if I can find a cheap enough supplier. My skins never been better. i think the balms just clogged up my pores causing irritation and problems.

andyjreid said:
What is this alcolando that you speak of Damian?
Damian Murphy said:
http://www.alcoladoglacial.com/

Urban hermit mentioned it on here a while back , a few of the other members have given it a try.

Alcolado Glacial
"The air conditioner in a bottle!"

... also available here (and a couple of other places), but I couldn't get the shopping cart to process my order, and ended up getting 2 of the small bottles off of ebay (sunbury followed suit & then I htink hunnymonster got the last one, and they haven't restocked yet). I keep one in a desk drawer in my office at work, and one at home.

Andy just said it best .............. once you find what works for you you've cracked it. Only a few years ago I got onto glycerine soaps, haven't had a skin outbreak since then ; but that doesn't mean they're best for everyone.

JohnnyO. ;)

I'm having some success with the Nivea Sensitive balm, and have used it pretty much every day since I bought it.

It all depends on skin type. My skin can get quite dry in my sideburn area, but quite oily round mt 'T' zone, so, splashes can make some areas to dry, and balms can make some areas to oily. It can be tricky to find the middle ground.

Ian

andyjreid said:
N_Architect said:
Or, as someone else wrote in this or the other forum, "...if it hurts, then you're doing something wrong..."

I was repeatedly getting prolonged burning pain after I shaved and I tried pointing the finger at everything, creams, soaps, blades, razors, technique and one day I listened to antdad who persuaded me to try no balm. Just a good high alcohol splash. Now I enjoy shaving again and again.

A strong aftershave will burn a little but I'd describe it as more of a "bracing" sensation. Ten minutes later my skin is soft, not sensitive and I feel no discomfort.

I still keep a few balms handy but I won't be using them every shave.

Old Spice Fresh Lime has sorted out even the roughest of shaves.

+1. A 'splash' is working out great for me in the Summer.

You need to look at the Mignon range. The best product we have found is Mignon After shave balm, it calms the skin as well and provides moisture, helps to prevent ingrowing hairs.

You can buy it online or in salons like ours

Harringtons said:
You need to look at the Mignon range. The best product we have found is Mignon After shave balm, it calms the skin as well and provides moisture, helps to prevent ingrowing hairs.

You can buy it online or in salons like ours

REALLY?

You DON'T say.

:roll:

From salons like yours?

Cheap is it?

Thought not.

sunburyboy93 said:
I just use Boots own brand Balm, dirt cheap and does the trick

I found this a few months back and it's spot on. 99p a tube and at least as good as Nivea, where you're paying for the container as much as the contents. A good alternative is the Boots Botanical aftershave balm. You get less for a higher price but certainly does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom