Six Weeks in SuperMax

OP, you were right in that the Super Platinum is the best. I used one today and it's right up there with other top tier blades. Now if we could only decipher what name it has "morphed" into. :unsure:
Haha! Lovely, innit?

Now then, I think the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum was the successor. It is different and I think that is down to the new sputtering technology. Simply put, they've change processes so there is not going to be a definitive replacement. Amongst the other named platinum blades, there's the Zorrik and Vidyut brand both with "New sputtered ..." and "New robotized ..." in the graphics. There's also under the SuperMax brand another platinum called the Diamond Edge which features a blue diamond on the front.

Right! I think these three and the current market Blue Diamond are all the same blade ... but, the Diamond Edge felt to have a better finish than the Zorrik and Vidyut brand ... and seemed to have a smoothness a degree or so better than the global Blue Diamond Platinum. I think, although most likely nothing more than me wanting to find a difference. There probably isn't.

Summary? SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum or SuperMax Diamond Edge is a damn good replacement to the old SuperMax Super Platinum. It's not a direct replacement but does make for a logical successor.

I bought one of each aforementioned by you and even a Rise Platinum that I was going to use today, but I noticed a blurb near one edge and thought it might be rust. I tried to remove it with a Q-Tip and alcohol but no luck. Binned it. Sh%$!! :mad:

The first class is free, after that there will be tuition. ;)

One of the U.S. vendor sites has these gems in stock and on sale for Black Friday. I am duly tempted, but I see the large plastic shipping container I have full of blades and wince. So many that if melted down there would be enough steel to forge a small howitzer. :cautious:

I used a Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium blade today and although it is definitely a "hard" shaver due to the obviously harder edge treatment I still think the discod. Super Platinum is a better shaver.

That said, if someone is trying to be thrifty and save money then I would tell them at this point to just buy the Treet 7 Days Platinum as IMHO it shaves just as good as the discod. Super-Max Super Platinum if not a tad better. As always of course, my opinion is worth what I charge. :whistle:

I used a Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium blade today and although it is definitely a "hard" shaver due to the obviously harder edge treatment I still think the discod. Super Platinum is a better shaver.

That said, if someone is trying to be thrifty and save money then I would tell them at this point to just buy the Treet 7 Days Platinum as IMHO it shaves just as good as the discod. Super-Max Super Platinum if not a tad better. As always of course, my opinion is worth what I charge. :whistle:

The SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinums s are close to the Supermax Super Platinums but the former are quite cheap in the UK, around £8 for a 100, but I remember for a while they were less than £4 for a 100 shipped!

I think the Treet 7 Days is a much sharper blade than the Supermax ones I have used.

Back
Top Bottom