Site security

Got a pm from nick. He said admin are looking at it...

and....... ? Surely by now somebody at the top of the tree could have at least commented. YOU have a response to a PM. OK. So why do THEY not put out a thread to keep this updated as to what IS happening? I do not wish to stir the proverbial but this is worrying, especially to us old buggers who may not understand it all. I have been watching this thing hoping something will be 'put right' and very soon but nothing has happened. Somebody questions ( quite rightly ) an outrageous piss taking ( mild compared to other posts here not deleted ) 'for sale' item elsewhere and there are fireworks.

Admin, for the sake of those of us who do not perhaps understand the complete implications of this - PLEASE respond OPENLY.

and....... ? Surely by now somebody at the top of the tree could have at least commented. YOU have a response to a PM. OK. So why do THEY not put out a thread to keep this updated as to what IS happening? I do not wish to stir the proverbial but this is worrying, especially to us old buggers who may not understand it all. I have been watching this thing hoping something will be 'put right' and very soon but nothing has happened. Somebody questions ( quite rightly ) an outrageous piss taking ( mild compared to other posts here not deleted ) 'for sale' item elsewhere and there are fireworks.

Admin, for the sake of those of us who do not perhaps understand the complete implications of this - PLEASE respond OPENLY.

I have replied above - completely openly.

I do not have access to control of the hosting environment so cannot make the changes myself. Arrangements are being made and the change to SSL will happen as soon as possible.

I am unsure why an adversarial tone is being adopted here but it seems to me that BST rules have little relevance to site security.

Please remember that staff cannot read everything. This is not a full-time job! Please PM if you think urgent attention is needed. I will move this thread to Feedback, with a redirect where it will receive more attention.

And, for the record there is no 'THEY', just 'WE'!

Last edited:
Regardless as to whether the site is e-commerce or not, if you allowing use personal information to be submitted (this includes login details) you should be using an SSL certificate.

One thing to be aware of is the visitor experience. When users are attempting to login they will be presented with notification on security.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I have been away on business again hence why I haven't replied, for the record SSL was never forced here as we don't sell anything or process any payments. It seems that's now an 'issue' for some people. As part of the planned host migration I will look to force SSL. In the meantime if you don't feel comfortable using the site until your browser proclaims it secure then I'm sorry but you will just have to wait until I get time to migrate.
PS the us and them mentality is quite saddening for me to read.

PS the us and them mentality is quite saddening for me to read.

Sounds exactly like something they would say...

7f06dc0f5b157092d525299284fa9c96.jpg

Back
Top Bottom