Single edge razor of the day.

Wednesday 8th December
Ever Ready Natural Angle
Featherweight

GEM Stainless Coated #1
8UsrwrK.jpg

20211208_201818.jpg

Yaqi Excalibur complete with blurry handle. This has no effect on the shave although one may find it slightly difficult to pick up as it may be misleading to where it actually is.

Noticeable that the head is fine and perfectly focused which helps no end and prevents shaving one's inner lip by mistake.

View attachment 81217

Yaqi Excalibur complete with blurry handle. This has no effect on the shave although one may find it slightly difficult to pick up as it may be misleading to where it actually is.

Noticeable that the head is fine and perfectly focused which helps no end and prevents shaving one's inner lip by mistake.
It's out of phase with this reality, be very careful!

FBB3F82E-F24C-4839-9951-D16E07EC75F8.jpeg

Getting the Supply 2.0 back out, see if I actually want to keep it. When i had the alloy version, I enjoyed it so much that it usurped my Vector, which I then decided to sell. I was reaching for the Supply morning after morning, so I upgraded to the stainless model, and sold my Sabre since I wasn’t using it. When I started to miss the length of an AC blade, I got a Hawk V3, and was content with a choice of two. The Hawk was made for Pro Supers as far as I’m concerned, and I know a place where a 20 pack is £8. I ordered an OC plate for the Hawk, and the Supply hardly got a look in. I was just starting to think I had settled down with the Hawk (one plate left to try) when the ATT X1 caught my eye. Off we go…

I returned the X1 in the end (great for larger sweeps, not a fan of touching up/buffing with a slant), but my standard routine is Schick Proline with the SE1 for the first two days, then swap in the SE2 plate for another 3. I do like the handle and stand design. Considering trying the Windsor SE1 base plate, see if the multiple soap runnels affect the feel.

After trying the Twig on loan recently, I enjoyed wielding a lighter toy, so decided to get the Supply back out, and see if I want to keep her. I’ve had two pleasant shaves, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t rather be using the SE1/2…

Back
Top Bottom