Simpsons Update

So after a lack of response from Shaving ei, I continued to pursue Simpsons MD via email, sadly no movement just a 15% discount off a new brush, an offer I do not find at all difficult to refuse! Out of principle I will continue and have taken advice from the IOM Trading Standards department whom have stated - quote "Good Morning Tim
Thank you for contacting us and sending us though the information.
The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1996 states that goods should be satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. If the shaving brush is faulty you may feel that your rights are not being met. A consumer has 6 years to exercise their rights, however the burden of proof is on the consumer to prove they did not cause the fault.
We would recommend writing to the trader explaining the circumstances and what you wish for the outcome. Send the letter by recorded delivery and ask for a response within 7 working days of receipt.
If the trader does not respond or does not repair the shaving brush then you may wish to reject it and ask for a refund. We would recommend putting this request in writing and also send it by recorded delivery.
If the trader does not offer a repair, refund or replacement you would have to pursue them through the Small Claims Court. Details of their procedure can be found on the following link: https://www.courts.im/court-procedures/claims/small-claims-procedure/. There is no guarantee of success as it would be up to the Court to determine what is reasonable.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards,
Louise Whyman

Consumer Adviser/Debt Counsellor"
This now leaves me with an issue, how do I show that the crack is a fault? When I contacted Trading Standards IOM I quoted a couple of the responses to my post - Customer Service Advice Needed........ however when it comes to the law, proof has to be proof! I suppose historical issues could be used as some form of precedent doe anyone have any data on the historical handle cracking issue? and would anyone support a 'go fund it' ?

So after a lack of response from Shaving ei, I continued to pursue Simpsons MD via email, sadly no movement just a 15% discount off a new brush, an offer I do not find at all difficult to refuse! Out of principle I will continue and have taken advice from the IOM Trading Standards department whom have stated - quote "Good Morning Tim
Thank you for contacting us and sending us though the information.
The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1996 states that goods should be satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. If the shaving brush is faulty you may feel that your rights are not being met. A consumer has 6 years to exercise their rights, however the burden of proof is on the consumer to prove they did not cause the fault.
We would recommend writing to the trader explaining the circumstances and what you wish for the outcome. Send the letter by recorded delivery and ask for a response within 7 working days of receipt.
If the trader does not respond or does not repair the shaving brush then you may wish to reject it and ask for a refund. We would recommend putting this request in writing and also send it by recorded delivery.
If the trader does not offer a repair, refund or replacement you would have to pursue them through the Small Claims Court. Details of their procedure can be found on the following link: https://www.courts.im/court-procedures/claims/small-claims-procedure/. There is no guarantee of success as it would be up to the Court to determine what is reasonable.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards,
Louise Whyman

Consumer Adviser/Debt Counsellor"
This now leaves me with an issue, how do I show that the crack is a fault? When I contacted Trading Standards IOM I quoted a couple of the responses to my post - Customer Service Advice Needed........ however when it comes to the law, proof has to be proof! I suppose historical issues could be used as some form of precedent doe anyone have any data on the historical handle cracking issue? and would anyone support a 'go fund it' ?
Go one step at a time, there is little point in thinking too far ahead, do as you have been advised to do and contact the supplier via recorded delivery. See what happens then and please report back.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom