Simpson Trafalgar

I don’t judge a brush on first use but so far so good. The quality of the handle and synthetic hair is excellent. I lathered my hybrid Palmolive/Argo soap. Plenty of lather. I paint the lather on and the brush has soft yet firm tips that make it easy to apply. I did briefly see how it worked with a mashing motion and that was much less comfortable than my badger brushes. Simpsons recommend painting for all their brushes. That’s certainly the way I will use this brush. Synths have come a long way since I last tried one. If you have any scruples about the use of badger hair you will be more than happy with this Simpsons offering.

I added a T2 to my T3 a few weeks ago. The more I use these brushes the more impressed I am. If I was just starting wet shaving I wouldn’t dream of spending a small fortune on a badger brush. The present crop of synthetic brushes are all you need for a perfect shave. If you have scruples about cruelty to badgers you have your answer. If you are an addictive, obsessive collector carry on spending and enjoy your badger brushes. I’ll continue to use mine but the synths will be in the rotation too.

Scotshave

Supporter
Supporter
I added a T2 to my T3 a few weeks ago. The more I use these brushes the more impressed I am. If I was just starting wet shaving I wouldn’t dream of spending a small fortune on a badger brush. The present crop of synthetic brushes are all you need for a perfect shave. If you have scruples about cruelty to badgers you have your answer. If you are an addictive, obsessive collector carry on spending and enjoy your badger brushes. I’ll continue to use mine but the synths will be in the rotation too.
I obtained a T2 a couple of weeks ago and it really is a great wee brush.

...If I was just starting wet shaving I wouldn’t dream of spending a small fortune on a badger brush. The present crop of synthetic brushes are all you need for a perfect shave...

4t9Euxi.gif

Top Bottom