Similar To The 404 Bodger ?

The knot looks like a 404 one. I wonder what the knot dimensions are? iPhone won't let me look properly on there website!

One of the best thing about the 404 is how it kills soaps and is a great face latherer. Magic brush.

hando said:
my security says do not open this site so i can't look at it

must be dodgy :?

Code:
www.badgerandhone.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  *.myshopify.com , myshopify.com  

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

It's not an ideal situation... one that B&H need to resolve...

However you can look at their normal site here -> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.badgerandhone.com/collections/shaving-brushes/products/cyril-r-salter-ivory-bristle-badger-shaving-brush" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.badgerandhone.com/collection ... ving-brush</a><!-- m -->

Oh, I didn't see the synthetic bit! I presumed the bristle was boar.

One of the best bits of the 404 is when the tips split. It turns super soft. Do synthetic bristles do this?

oh i just thought it was real Boar and Badger, not synthetic boar ah, i might just get the Bodger from Diamond Edge, but then again as peter says, it's cheap enough to find out, i might have both :D

PM me your address, if you like it make a donation to hounds for heroes? (I was saving it for a PIF anyway)

Just remember me when your at your summer car boots and you come across a British Service Set :lol:

Fido said:
The 404 I have has a loft of 47 mm and handle of 53 mm. The Salter is 9cm, therefore the loft should be similar. It's not too expensive to find out how it compares!

Peter, is the Omega 49 pro a reasonable boar brush to try out as a starter ? Only about £6.50 off B&H delivered (and I had no problems with the site + the discount code worked !!).
Next question, as our brush meister what is the correct way to break one of these in...............ah and when is your new brush due out..........I have money........... :lol: :lol:
Steve

Here's the best way for me to respond to this!

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789&start=20</a><!-- l -->

Any brush I ever get just gets a good soaking then several hand latherings. And then it goes into action, usually the next day. If it needs more breaking in, Ijust repeat the process then let it do it's job day by day if it ends up in myrotation.

Well the Omega 49 arrived this morning, I opened the box and expected to be greeted by the strong odour of Pig ..........but it smelled quite sterile....... :shock: .
So I ran it under the cold tap just to wash any crap off it.............then the hot tap.........then oh boy........ :mrgreen: ............
Took me back to when I was a lad, muckin out the pigsty on my sister in laws farm........eeeh I can still remember as if it were yesterday.........up to my knees in pig sh*t.......they still had child labour in them days............(you should be listening to the Hovis advert music (Dvorak's Symphony No: 9) while reading this ..... :roll: ).
After a few washes in Dettol (I can kill anything) hand wash I have now got it to the "Wet Dog Smell" stage...............It is currently soaking in Dettol and is staying there for a bit..............having said all that, it looks like it is going to be a good lather machine..............now who makes Wetdog A/S..... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom