silly blade question

daz

I have a Gillette 1912 and have only tried it a couple of times. I got hold of some SE blades that fit it through work. Now these are industrial blades, and I didn't buy them in for the razor but for use in a scraper handle. Am I being silly for thinking they might be sharp enough for shaving? Any of you guys tried them before?
If I'm being really daft I will put an ad in the BST section to buy a few decent blades as I want to give this razor another go before I decide to try and pass it on.

cheers

Greetings Daz

They will rip your face off Hannibal Lechter style. For heavens sake do not use them!

If you only want to dabble in SE's I will send you some to try, if you want to get some to shave with on regular basis Connaught's are the only supplier of SE blades in the UK.
PM me.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Daz

They will rip your face off Hannibal Lechter style. For heavens sake do not use them!

If you only want to dabble in SE's I will send you some to try, if you want to get some to shave with on regular basis Connaught's are the only supplier of SE blades in the UK.
PM me.

Regards
Dick.

Are they seriously as bad as that? Think I'll keep them for scraping gaskets and other crap off machines then. Thanks very much for your offer, much appreciated. Do you use any DE stuff? I can always send you some DE blades in exchange. To be honest another 3 or 4 shaves with this thing should allow me to know whether or not to keep it and get myself a stock of blades.
Out of curiosity why are there not more people making or selling these blades? I always see a few people asking for them and they seem reasonably popular. Not as popular as SE admittedly but there is still a requirement for them.

Back
Top Bottom