Silk Knot Cufflink Advice

Dear all

Life is a merry go round at the moment, marriage gone south but new job and promotion.

In light of that have spent a fortune on new shoes, suits, ties etc.

I have a few pairs of silver, plaint and enamelled cufflinks but want to get a few simple of the abovementioned.

Austin Reed look a good bet and am going to look at Thomas Pink later, does anyone have any first hand experience and personal preference?

I would be looking at plain non loud colurs, black, navy and red.

Regards

Ben

You won't go wrong with any decent shirt retailer - Charles Tyrwhitt, Lewin, Hawes & Curtis - all will stock silk knots, but in my experience the stock can be inconsistent. By that I mean I wanted to track down a pair of green knots, but it took me a while to find a pair.

Not sure where you are based but if Bicester Village is in range you can hit Thomas Pink, Hackett, Gieves & Hawkes, Charles Tyrwhitt, Jaeger all in one location. I'm sure that selection would satisfy your requirements.

Good luck

Jon

I've got a few pairs, white ones, blue ones... the last ones I picked up from Tyrwhitt. To be honest, they all seem to be the same quality. I even wonder if they might not all be sourced from the same manufacturer. Just find the colour you need and go for it

Colour is the key, they all stretch out after a while. So I wouldn't spend too much.
I have a few Thomas Pinks and some cheaper ones but I recall they are all around a fiver. Can't tell by looking at them.
Bicester is spot on for choice. As is the shopping village outside York if you live that way.

I invariably go for the ones on eBay, you can buy lots for little money and as experience tells me - expensive ones get stretched and lost just the same as cheaper ones so wear them a few times and just get rid of them.

eBay?

Ive just got the managers post for 6 months at my place, so out of uniform and into shirt and tie - shirts fine, I have a healthy selection of Eterna and Melka shirts but ties were a bit, well, stuck in the 1990's - Daffy Duck really no longer cuts it.
So I have stocked up on a load of cheap paisley ties from China & Singapore some of which came with matching hankies or matching cufflinks of the silk knot variety.

Taste in ties is a very personal thing. When I 'use to work' I wore a tie every day. Found that a nice small pattern and good quality and appropriate length were the most important issues to consider.