shower upstairs

I am building a bathroom upstairs. I have the room for a bath and a separate shower cubicle. Some say I shouldn't have the seperate shower cubicle because they tend to leak and that I should have a shower over the bath.

What is the opinion here?
Thanks

Well... in our previous house we had an over the bath shower - no problems at all (apart from finding the right shower curtain rail (I didn't want one held up by string which seems to be the vogue these days in the DIY sheds). In our current house, we have a separate cubicle and it's never leaked... the only niggle is that whilst the bathroom is larger than the old one, it feels smaller.

If you`ve got room , go for both. The shower cubicle should not leak if fitted correctly and silicon sealed . search the net for tilers forum sponsored by Pitt, loads of advice on prep work, tanking, sealing etc. Daz.

I have had both and my personal view is that the cubicle is a better option if you have the room for both. Fitted correctly it will not leak at all and I always feel the standing in the bath shower means you need a mat so you dont slip, even then the mat can slip and is a nusicance. I do like the noise when you peel it off the bottom of the bath though.

If you've got the room for a good sized shower cubicle then go for it.
If you only have room to house a cubicle the size of a "telephone box" then I would personally prefer a decent flat bottomed bath (with a textured standing area), decent pump and a glass screen. Depends on type of Hot Water suppy.

I had an extension built recently and for me one of the joys this bought was the bigger bathroom and seperate shower cubicle. Never any problem with leaks and with a good size e.g. 900x900mm you can feel the luxury...

Cheers Rousey

Back
Top Bottom