show me your combs and brushes :)

A very unusual but never the less interesting thread; a selection of my brushes etc: Light wood, Kent MG3; Dark wood, Kent MN11 (both pure bristle, the light wood is slightly softer bristle than the dark wood); 1970's Air-flex brush; Taylor Handmade in Switzerland comb and a brush cleaner for good measure (I failed to include in the image the Light wood Kent NB 1 Reinforced Bristle Nail brush, but how far does one go!).
those kent boar bristle brushes expensive?

ive seen some of them brushes by kent that are meant to be handmade, dont remember the name of the model i saw though

Screenshot_20210627-235128~3.png
Kent OHE1 Handmade ebony wood with pure white bristle hair brush. £190.00 from Kent.

A brush that will last a lifetime and is handmade from start to finish in the UK by skilled brush makers using best quality materials and age old traditional brush making skills.

Founded in Great Britain in 1777,
Kent are the oldest manufacturers of hair brushes in the world and the only brush manufacturer to be a Royal warrant holder and have been supplying the Royal households for nine consecutive sovereign reigns.

It can take as many as twelve different skilled people to build a brush such as this.

Possibly the best traditional handmade bristle gentleman's hairbrush that money can buy.

Keep the art of brush making alive in the UK and buy a handmade brush from Kent Brushes, over 240 years of brush making.

You could spend that kind of money on a quality badger shaving brush or razor so why not on a hair brush that will be used every day.
Even if you have thin or cropped hair the bristles will keep your scalp in tip top condition with regular use.
:)

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 72468
Kent OHE1 Handmade ebony wood with pure white bristle hair brush. £190.00 from Kent.

A brush that will last a lifetime and is handmade from start to finish in the UK by skilled brush makers using best quality materials and age old traditional brush making skills.

Founded in Great Britain in 1777,
Kent are the oldest manufacturers of hair brushes in the world and the only brush manufacturer to be a Royal warrant holder and have been supplying the Royal households for nine consecutive sovereign reigns.

It can take as many as twelve different skilled people to build a brush such as this.

Possibly the best traditional handmade bristle gentleman's hairbrush that money can buy.

Keep the art of brush making alive in the UK and buy a handmade brush from Kent Brushes, over 240 years of brush making.

You could spend that kind of money on a quality badger shaving brush or razor so why not on a hair brush that will be used every day.
Even if you have thin or cropped hair the bristles will keep your scalp in tip top condition with regular use.
:)

Paul.
true say

i saw a kent brush worth i think £120-150 and another one which didnt have a model number on it but i dont know how much this second was worth anyways it was on ebay but i think the seller realised the value of the beard brushes and it only sold for like £20-30,
if boar bristle brushes wasnt an issue for me, i wouldve snapped it up

@Olie29 @Blademonkey

so theres been a lot of hype within the bearded community about the chicago combs,
now these do cost about a tenner a comb so to me thats expensive,
heck i even find the kent combs expensive but i got some the other day and now i understand what the hype was about,
these combs are sicccck, like really guys you got to try out the chicago combs

carbone fibre, heat resistant and anti static, this is a comb for life imo

1624623618604.jpg

@Olie29 @Blademonkey

so theres been a lot of hype within the bearded community about the chicago combs,
heck i even find the kent combs expensive but i got some the other day and now i understand what the hype was about,

View attachment 72496
Thanks for the heads up but Carbon fiber does nothing for me, if I were in the market for a comb I would buy a Kent handmade comb and give my money to a British company, one with tradition and heritage, it's always good wherever possible to buy British made and help keep someone employed in this country. :)

Paul.

@Olie29 @Blademonkey

View attachment 72496
Thanks for the recommendation looks great..currently I’m not looking to add another comb though I’m happy enough with what I have and due to a recent addiction to straight razors and Acqua di Parma products the pot seems to be running dry lol

I think the only combs I own are the ones that come attached to my clippers, #4 to #1 and after that you don't need the other kind! However I think either my mum or my aunt has a hairbrush inherited from my grandmother which is very old and has a silver (plated?) handle and boar bristles. Can picture it vividly in my mind but don't know any facts. May have had a matching clothes brush with it too.

saj1985; Kent MG3 £27; MN11 £58 from John Bell & Croyden, which is where I believe I purchased my brushes from many decades ago; very good everyday working brushes. My father had similar brushes and that's where I got the inspiration from, I expect his were standard issue from the RAF during his national service, who knows.

Tbh I made a big mistake I threw away two kent boar bristle brushes and a omega boar bristle shaving brush due to not being able to use them because of religious reason but I'm such an idiot I could've pif'd them to someone but it didn't even cross my mind until after I threw them away

got this metal comb the other day, probably the best metal comb I've ever used, glides well for a metal comb

IMG_20211124_143743.jpgIMG_20211124_143704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom