Should someone start making SEs Again?

Should someone make a modern SE?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
As it says in the title. I'm talking something that uses Gem "paint stripper/box cutter" type blades (obviously the shaver grade ones).

I doubt it would ever happen, but wouldn't it be cool if a good manufacturer started making SE razors using modern techniques? I tink Feather did a good job with the Cobra bit I would like to see more on the market.

It would be interesting if they used the SE design concept but made it DE friendly! Gem did that with their MicroMatic Reversible! It was basically a SE sized DE! not sure why it never took off. I have a few of them and it seemed like a good idea.

Merkur came out with the 1904; maybe they would like to do a 1912! We could try a write in: www.merkur-razor.co.uk/
Who knows it might happen.

Personally more than happy with what is available, found I preferred old DEs as opposed to new. My money says new would not be an improvement in SEs either, as I say that is my view.
Pete

I very much like the Ever Readys and Gems that are out there, but would love to see what a modern interpretation would be (even if it was actually traditional!). Might make the price of the vintage SE razors go up if it caught on.

Drroly said:
I tink Feather did a good job with the Cobra bit I would like to see more on the market.

As a frequent user of the Feather SE blades I wish Feather hadn't stopped production on their SE razor, or that another razor company would issue, even a limited run, SE razor.

I would buy one if it came along.

Back
Top Bottom