Should I soak them?

Well after a touch of incompetance on the part of royal mail my other 2 new brushes arrived today.

A Semogue 1305 and an Omega 20102.

I was wondering, should I give them a soak in warm water for a bit?

Andy

If your Omega is anything like mine was, you will need to deodorise it. I had to scrub mine with mint and tea tree shampoo (strong stuff) several times before it was fit to do anything with; others have used Proraso pre/post diluted in warm water with success. Thereafter, as Fido says.

The Semogue is fine and doesnt smell. Some dye leaked a bit but it lathers well and doesn't stink.

The Omega on the other hand is fine when dry but when wet it honks something rotten.

I might have to use the proraso pre/post and water and give it a soak in that seeing as I seem to get no benefit from using pre/post in the usual way.

Recently got a slightly different combo - Semogue 1800 (same knot as the 1305 but with an unpainted handle) and an ash handled Omega 11137. Both brushes did not smell when new (other than a faint but nice musky moth-ball smell), nor does either smell when wet. I started using both straight away with only a pre-shave soak for a few minutes in warm water. Both have kept their shape nicely, whip up great lather, I haven't lost one hair from either, and are thoroughly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom