Shaving with a Ever ready Single Blade

Hi I collect Razors D/E S/E and Straight at the moment I have just used a single Ever Ready S/E to have a shave all in all not bad but I am not sure what angle to put the razor at though do you flat at your face or do you have it at a angle? also can you use this razor against the grain as well as with and how the hell do you manage to shave under the nose or lower lip as the face of the razor is so large ? Many Thanks

As flat as you can.
ATG is tricky. Always get weepers so XTG for me. Nose/lip area: I just go very slowly and gently and keep my fingers crossed (although makes it trickier to hold the razor).

Flat. Flat. Flat.
I only try ATG going up my sideburns. They are great shavers and you won't be confused about which blades to use. There isn't really any choice. ;)

Paul_D said:
Flat. Flat. Flat.
I only try ATG going up my sideburns. They are great shavers and you won't be confused about which blades to use. There isn't really any choice. ;)

There is an alternative that's been debated on the forum before - use a Feather SE but with the spine off a Gem. The spine is pretty easy to remove - I put the old blade in a vice and then use a small screw driver to lever the spine. It can be attached to the Feather and 'crimped' with a pair f pliars. You will notice a significant difference between the Gem and Feather blades.

Head of the razor flat to the skin, adjust the angle until the blade just rasps (you'll hear the gr8 noise) through the stubble. For me, 1 wtg pass , relather & 1 atg pass and that's it sorted. Only difference to previous advice re the upper lip area is that I start in the middle & go outwards. Never tried atg there ........... my nose is unsightly enough whilst still attached to my face !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom