Shaving? Why Bother??

Whilst mooching on the English Shaving Co site - for details of the new Muhle OC -I found the attached blurb.

What is the point of a shave if it delivers the 'just out of bed' look?! Is this simply ad speak [aka bollox] for looking scruffy and/or unkempt?

My interest in this product collapsed instantly! I'd be interested, if anyone has bought one, if the blurb is accurate....

My 2,000th post and a bloody good grumble; whoda thunk it?
:huh:

Traditional safety razor with open comb head

NOW IN STOCK!

The new open comb safety razor is intended for men with a denser, stronger beard growth. These razors will be ideal for anyone who prefers that 'designer stubble' or 'just out of bed' look!

The idea is that the 'open' comb edge to the razor lifts the longer beard hair and then trims off the hair ends to leave a tidy unshaven appearance. [WTF ????]

The safety razor with an open tooth comb is for well practised wet shavers; the construction, which features a special blade angle, allows vigorous, very direct shaving technique (some may call it aggressive).
As with closed comb safety razors the curved blade is exposed and clamped in place by the curvature of the top. The open comb razor ensure that cut stubble and shaving preparation are cleared away during the shave. Thus the cutting edge is kept free of residues which makes subsequent cleaning easier.

Good grumble Blyth. It's possible you could use it as a beard trimmer but then I'd buy a...erm beard trimmer.

There's a bit here on it...

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=101

I suppose if I wanted that unshaved look but still wanted to shave I could do a single pass with a DE then go no further, but surely the same effect can be produced by any razor, not just this Muhle. :huh:

From what I've read of this razor it would seem ideal for the shaver who starts with a "just out of bed look" and desires to finish with a "first dermal layer removed" look ! It's certainly not the bit of kit I'd choose to comb through my "designer stubble" to leave a couple of mills still standing, and I doubt greatly that many shavers who purchase one want anything other than the closest of close shaves.

It's even too hard for me to experiment with (And I'm hard enough to wear Quorum on top of my Brut !!!).

JohnnyO. \:sleepy:

I suppose this is what happens when society deems it OK for an actor to attend a red carpet do in a dinner jacket while sporting designer stubble...

gerard-butler-golden-globes-2010.jpg

russell+crowe+golden+globes+2002.jpg

What I don't get in the blurb.. how can a razor be agressive, but still leave stubble behind.. like selective extremination? A bit like a Nazi razor? Only kills non aryan facial hair? :huh:
/s (incase people are wondering)

I say, you either shave or you don't, stop fecking about!

Max

I'm blessed if I can explain it Max, all I can imagine is that they possibly mean drawing the razor through the beard rather than along the skin ? Like one of those plastic "combs" which used to be sold as hair thinners & shorteners. I can't see that a major company like Muhle have made a mistake in the translation.

And I'm not surprised that you can get away with an open comb Blythster ........... it's just a part of the beauty of you !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
And I'm not surprised that you can get away with an open comb Blythster ........... it's just a part of the beauty of you !

You old flatterer....
:blush:

...and while I'm in grumbling mode.

WTF is "designer stubble", eh? It's like wearing your shirt tails outside your trousers. Bloody sloth and certainly not becoming. It makes one look fat and scruffy.

What the hell is this country turning into? Geordie Shore or TOWIE???

It all boils my piss!

Erm, I am middle aged!
:icon_mad:

I guess it's maybe not as easy for everyone to look as fat and scruffy as I am even when BBS shaved ..................... so perhaps they have to try the stubble look to achieve an appropriate homage to Johnny Vegas & I.

JohnnyO said:
I guess it's maybe not as easy for everyone to look as fat and scruffy as I am even when BBS shaved ..................... so perhaps they have to try the stubble look to achieve an appropriate homage to Johnny Vegas & I.

... can it somehow be related to the John(ny) forename?

• Cheers,
    UH aka John

If only the native wit & humour of the "John" Urban Hermit went with the name, if only. Then I may not so often feel that my life is a battle of wits to which I have come unarmed !

JohnnyO. \:dodgy:

Back
Top Bottom