Shaving soaps in South America???

Does anybody know of any interesting soap that is available in Santiago de Chile and/or Buenos Aires? I have a friend that is in Santiago right now, and going to BA in the next few days. Thought I'd ask her for a little favor... :roll:

/Elman

I know they speak Spanish in Argentina so I expect the usual Spanish gear will be worth seeking out. La Toja being very popular. There are quite a few threads discussing the various products available in Spain. South American shaving gear doesn't seem to get much of a mention, so I wonder if there is anything actually manufactured in that continent.

Dr Selby,from Uruguay, makes one of the finest soaps with lavender scent ever made.They also make creams,but they arent as good as the soap.

Elman said:
Thanks for the tips, or should I say tip ;) That Dr Selby soap got me interested. I just can't find it on their site, only creams. I guess it's not this: http://www.selby.com.uy/product.php?cat=hombre&subcat=afeitada_perfecta&prod=crema ? Cool looking tub though :)
Yes,thats the one.Its odd that its announced as shaving cream since its not a cream by any means,either a soft soap!But anyway,thats the one.Heres what I wrote about it in http://www.foroafeitado.com and you can also see some pics of its hard consistency.The bowl is made of Bakelite and its one of the most elegant that I have seen/own myself.As I said,its kind of hard to find in in South America,but if you do,go for it without any hesitations:
http://www.foroafeitado.com/foro/cremas-de-afeitar-27/dr-selby-crema-de-afeitar-de-lujo-1881

Thank you very much Teiste! You really got me curious of this soap now, got to have it!!! :hungrig

Is it really only available in Uruguay? I think I saw somewhere(your link?) that it possibly could be found in Argentina, in pharmacies. Is there any hope for me?

Elman said:
Thank you very much Teiste! You really got me curious of this soap now, got to have it!!! :hungrig

Is it really only available in Uruguay? I think I saw somewhere(your link?) that it possibly could be found in Argentina, in pharmacies. Is there any hope for me?
Yes,there is a hope that you could find it in Argentina too.Good luck!

Update...

My friend was never able to locate any Dr Selby soap in Buenos Aires, to my great disappointment.

However, a few weeks ago another friend of a friend went to Uruguay! He got lucky and brought me a bowl of this fantastic soap. I LOVE IT!

Performance is superb and the scent is just wonderful(does anybody know of a cologne that smells similar to this?). And the bowl is pretty cool ;)

Thanks for the tips guys!

/Elman

Elman said:
Update...

My friend was never able to locate any Dr Selby soap in Buenos Aires, to my great disappointment.

However, a few weeks ago another friend of a friend went to Uruguay! He got lucky and brought me a bowl of this fantastic soap. I LOVE IT!

Performance is superb and the scent is just wonderful(does anybody know of a cologne that smells similar to this?). And the bowl is pretty cool ;)

Thanks for the tips guys!

/Elman

Nope no idea on a cologne that would smell similar as have never managed to get any of the soap. YET!!!

Back
Top Bottom