Shaving personality of the year awards 2021

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Well it is that time of year when the votes are gathering for the 'Sports personality of the year awards'. The ones where you have to vote for 'The person who has hit the same person the most times on three consecutive occasions', 'The most eloquent person at leaping in to a pool of water', 'The most annoying football player in a Manchester City shirt' and unfortunately not 'The person most cheated out of a world title'.

However sports aside, it is also that time of year where I like to put forward my 'Shaving personalities of the year' or 'The most annoying twat called satanfriendly' awards. So from the darkness of Satan's Towers here are my winners for this year..........................

Best razor

Ikon B1. I did think of a few SE's including the long awaited Claymore Evolution which arrived with quite a bang and an annoyance to not being suitable for certain blades because they didn't fit (except mine for some reason). So all the bang ended up as rather more a 'phut' as it imploded. But it is an exceptional performer. However (and I have said this before) the B1 simply shaves far closer and finer than any other razor I can think of. My love for SE's remains but the Ikon still does things better. It was also the reason why against my shaving religion I went out and bought another two DE's, which could have appeared on the list, but they didn't. So overall a worthy winner in my little world.

20211214_184658.jpg

Best blade

In among the field of SE blades and their 'I have yet to find a shit one' appeal, out of the blue pops up a DE blade in the Dorco Prime. Originally this tuck arrived as a freebie with a BST purchase. One of those where you think 'Oh yes, yet another sample', except when I finally decided to open it up to the sulphured air of my abode I was thrown back by their performance. Stunning. Not quite a polsilver Lodz, but damn it, not that far off either and more suitable for the Rocnel SE-P where a Lodz proved just too much. So a great blade and very available for buttons whereas the Polsilver has now moved up to the rank of unobtanium.

20211214_184946.jpg

Best brush

This year my award goes to the 'Gentleman's Groom Room Wee whiskey barrel (or whatever its proper title is)'. @Ian T did a wonderful job here and I find myself using this brush probably more than any other. I haven't seen the knot elsewhere (grey/white synthetic) and it never fails to astound me. Add to that the novelty of the whiskey barrel sourced handle which has been worked in to a simple yet very effective shape and an all round winner and a really super brush. Top dog and a top brush

20211214_184636.jpg

Best soap/cream

Soaps all the way this year. The Abatte Y Mantia Krokus is simply stunning and an addition to the soap drawer I never regret forking out for. Cheap it ain't, but like MDC's a little goes a long long way and so the overall value based on cost per shave is probably no different to any other. Throw in the most wonderful of shaving properties and a unique lovely scent which made me buy the splash and the Cologne and a sure fire 'top of the class' for me. Fantastic in every way.

20211214_184737.jpg

Except................

Up pops the Signature Soaps Londinium. @BrianH , man of Bolton and a purveyor of fine shaving soaps has really made his mark in the shaving world and worthy of any shaving award. I don't know why but despite my praise for the Krokus there is something about the Londinium which has more 'reach for' value than any other soap in my world of soapy things. It just does stunning and it just does the job. If I was to be critical my cynicism would include 'lasts far too long' (I should purchase more from him, but can't get to the end of a tin) and I prefer the old 'DIY' presentation and tins. Oh, and come on you Wicstun. I think my backyard will freeze over first. Great stuff though from a great man.

So to conclude, my best soap award goes to both

20211214_184757.jpg

Best balm/moisturiser/aftershave

Simple. Same as every other year I have done these shaving awards, L'Occitane Cade all the way. Nothing comes close. been there' tried it and for my skin the Cade works absolute wonders. One of those products of which there will always be one in the cabinet.

20211214_184918.jpg

Best post shave product

Natures Aid Witch Hazel. To me an absolute essential after a shave and a rinse. I've tried the cheap Boots offering (good but not quite the same) and a few others but I honestly swear none of them quite match the sensation and quality feel this one presents. My face still looks like the surface of the moon but kidology says I am perfect and all thanks to Natues Aid.

20211214_192400.jpg

Best scent

I started the summer looking for a decent lime based scent and in came the replies. However one stood up with more curiosity value than any other and a great suggestion from @isaiah53 . Jack. Cannabis and lime? Surely not? But with top notes of both the initial hit is a big 'WOW!'. An hour later the initial impressions remain and in fact throughout most of the day. The longevity is super and the scent the equal. Yes, you do smell a little like you spend the day smoking spliffs, but throw the lime and the other notes in to the mix and the end result is something so away from the crowd, so different and so daring it never fails to deliver anything lesser than charming comments. Bottled brilliance. Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes gave it a close run but it just didn't quite have the same level of edginess about it That dare to be different. Jack, you're my man for this year.

20211214_184838.jpg

So on to the more obscure section yet still big winners for this year

Best shaving outlet

The BST section here on TSR. I have probably spent most of my shaving budget keeping you chaps either in more gear or keeping the missus happy by ridding yourselves of your excessiveness. Keep it up people.

Not the best shaving outlet

@Boycie83 and his Emporium. I would sooner give money to my worse enemy

take your money you dirty rotten scoundrel

Best shaving forum

This place. Because I don't know any other and I don't care for them either

Best TSR forum member

All of you. And why I keep telling you 'I love you all'. And I do

Best Japanese girly band

Again, Band Maid. No one does it better and no one has such a gathering of talent

And finally

Best Japanese girly video

Same as last year. Its those 'look were so happy doing what we do' Pantyhose girls. This video always makes me happy simply because they look so happy doing what they do.

So come on you shaving folk, let's see where your 'Shaving personalities of the year awards' might go for 2021........

And of course, I love you all

Well it is that time of year when the votes are gathering for the 'Sports personality of the year awards'. The ones where you have to vote for 'The person who has hit the same person the most times on three consecutive occasions', 'The most eloquent person at leaping in to a pool of water', 'The most annoying football player in a Manchester City shirt' and unfortunately not 'The person most cheated out of a world title'.

However sports aside, it is also that time of year where I like to put forward my 'Shaving personalities of the year' or 'The most annoying twat called satanfriendly' awards. So from the darkness of Satan's Towers here are my winners for this year..........................

Best razor

Ikon B1. I did think of a few SE's including the long awaited Claymore Evolution which arrived with quite a bang and an annoyance to not being suitable for certain blades because they didn't fit (except mine for some reason). So all the bang ended up as rather more a 'phut' as it imploded. But it is an exceptional performer. However (and I have said this before) the B1 simply shaves far closer and finer than any other razor I can think of. My love for SE's remains but the Ikon still does things better. It was also the reason why against my shaving religion I went out and bought another two DE's, which could have appeared on the list, but they didn't. So overall a worthy winner in my little world.

View attachment 81512

Best blade

In among the field of SE blades and their 'I have yet to find a shit one' appeal, out of the blue pops up a DE blade in the Dorco Prime. Originally this tuck arrived as a freebie with a BST purchase. One of those where you think 'Oh yes, yet another sample', except when I finally decided to open it up to the sulphured air of my abode I was thrown back by their performance. Stunning. Not quite a polsilver Lodz, but damn it, not that far off either and more suitable for the Rocnel SE-P where a Lodz proved just too much. So a great blade and very available for buttons whereas the Polsilver has now moved up to the rank of unobtanium.

View attachment 81513

Best brush

This year my award goes to the 'Gentleman's Groom Room Wee whiskey barrel (or whatever its proper title is)'. @Ian T did a wonderful job here and I find myself using this brush probably more than any other. I haven't seen the knot elsewhere (grey/white synthetic) and it never fails to astound me. Add to that the novelty of the whiskey barrel sourced handle which has been worked in to a simple yet very effective shape and an all round winner and a really super brush. Top dog and a top brush

View attachment 81514

Best soap/cream

Soaps all the way this year. The Abatte Y Mantia Krokus is simply stunning and an addition to the soap drawer I never regret forking out for. Cheap it ain't, but like MDC's a little goes a long long way and so the overall value based on cost per shave is probably no different to any other. Throw in the most wonderful of shaving properties and a unique lovely scent which made me buy the splash and the Cologne and a sure fire 'top of the class' for me. Fantastic in every way.

View attachment 81515

Except................

Up pops the Signature Soaps Londinium. @BrianH , man of Bolton and a purveyor of fine shaving soaps has really made his mark in the shaving world and worthy of any shaving award. I don't know why but despite my praise for the Krokus there is something about the Londinium which has more 'reach for' value than any other soap in my world of soapy things. It just does stunning and it just does the job. If I was to be critical my cynicism would include 'lasts far too long' (I should purchase more from him, but can't get to the end of a tin) and I prefer the old 'DIY' presentation and tins. Oh, and come on you Wicstun. I think my backyard will freeze over first. Great stuff though from a great man.

So to conclude, my best soap award goes to both

View attachment 81516

Best balm/moisturiser/aftershave

Simple. Same as every other year I have done these shaving awards, L'Occitane Cade all the way. Nothing comes close. been there' tried it and for my skin the Cade works absolute wonders. One of those products of which there will always be one in the cabinet.

View attachment 81517

Best post shave product

Natures Aid Witch Hazel. To me an absolute essential after a shave and a rinse. I've tried the cheap Boots offering (good but not quite the same) and a few others but I honestly swear none of them quite match the sensation and quality feel this one presents. My face still looks like the surface of the moon but kidology says I am perfect and all thanks to Natues Aid.

View attachment 81519

Best scent

I started the summer looking for a decent lime based scent and in came the replies. However one stood up with more curiosity value than any other and a great suggestion from @isaiah53 . Jack. Cannabis and lime? Surely not? But with top notes of both the initial hit is a big 'WOW!'. An hour later the initial impressions remain and in fact throughout most of the day. The longevity is super and the scent the equal. Yes, you do smell a little like you spend the day smoking spliffs, but throw the lime and the other notes in to the mix and the end result is something so away from the crowd, so different and so daring it never fails to deliver anything lesser than charming comments. Bottled brilliance. Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes gave it a close run but it just didn't quite have the same level of edginess about it That dare to be different. Jack, you're my man for this year.

View attachment 81520

So on to the more obscure section yet still big winners for this year

Best shaving outlet

The BST section here on TSR. I have probably spent most of my shaving budget keeping you chaps either in more gear or keeping the missus happy by ridding yourselves of your excessiveness. Keep it up people.

Not the best shaving outlet

@Boycie83 and his Emporium. I would sooner give money to my worse enemy

take your money you dirty rotten scoundrel

Best shaving forum

This place. Because I don't know any other and I don't care for them either

Best TSR forum member

All of you. And why I keep telling you 'I love you all'. And I do

Best Japanese girly band

Again, Band Maid. No one does it better and no one has such a gathering of talent

And finally

Best Japanese girly video

Same as last year. Its those 'look were so happy doing what we do' Pantyhose girls. This video always makes me happy simply because they look so happy doing what they do.

So come on you shaving folk, let's see where your 'Shaving personalities of the year awards' might go for 2021........

And of course, I love you all
Thank you my friend. Watch out 2nd week in January - rolling out 10 additions to the range including Wisctun (Lime Bergamot Rosemary and Patchouli Essential Oils). 6 fragranced goats milk base and 4 regular base. The goats milk base are fragranced with essential oil combinations that should also be OK for those with eczema, psoriasis and particularly sensitive skin. Will do a post on TSR when ready to go
All the best for Christmas and a Peaceful 2022
Brian

a great blade and very available for buttons
Super write-up (y) , and whilst I know everything is subjective and dependent on 'who' is writing it, the thing I can agree with on the blades is that they're very available and cheap (Asda at £1.89 for a tuck of 10).
Personally, I think they're rougher than a £10, monkey-dust addled, street whore. If you like 'em that much I have 8 sitting here that you can have - Note: I tried two just in case the first was a dud, but alas, tugged and scraped their way through the stubble, I do not get on with them at all.

Thank you my friend. Watch out 2nd week in January - rolling out 10 additions to the range including Wisctun (Lime Bergamot Rosemary and Patchouli Essential Oils). 6 fragranced goats milk base and 4 regular base. The goats milk base are fragranced with essential oil combinations that should also be OK for those with eczema, psoriasis and particularly sensitive skin. Will do a post on TSR when ready to go
All the best for Christmas and a Peaceful 2022
Brian

I am watching and so is half of Market Weighton.

Waiting to give a push in the 'Neighbours ' Web site which will be far better reading than the home made jam competition results and reports of ducks seen walking down the main street.

I am watching and so is half of Market Weighton.

Waiting to give a push in the 'Neighbours ' Web site which will be far better reading than the home made jam competition results and reports of ducks seen walking down the main street.
I didn’t know it had a Main Street- must be a new development since last time I drove through.

Back
Top Bottom