Shaving Personality Of The Year 2023 Part II

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Scent of year (Continued)

My top dog scent for 2023 goes to M&S Spiced Amber. Originally I bought a small sample bottle for travelling and instantly hit by its sweet Amber note. So struck I went out and bought a 200ml bottle of the stuff. Now here is its killer point. It only cost £15. It doesn't have much of a longevity but at this price it allows it to be used as a main lighter scent, a background for layering or even a top class deodorant. A multi-purpose perfume. It even works in the local brothel but so does card or cash.

20231212_140703.jpg

Pre shave product of the year

Water. A great simple and readily available product. Or in Toby's world, swamp water

Post shave product of the year

Again I could easily go for water, but that would be utterly unimaginative. Then again I am.

I do however love looking after my skin and it is often remarked how good my skin is for a 63 year old. My wife often remarks how I am just an old twat. From this angle I have always made sure I moisturise well and like a good splash of witch Hazel. In this sense the two marked products for this year are Nature Aids Witch Hazel and Tropics eye balm.

20231212_141057.jpg

The Natures Aid Hazel I just cannot live without. I am a big believer that other than shaving correctly it has assisted so much in keeping rashes and blotches away for years. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same on Mrs Satanfriendly. I love its plain simplicity and unscented form. Witch Hazel may not be the most attractive aroma, but it doesn't last for long and it does a most wonderful job.

Being as this Witch Hazel has won my award a number of times before, this year it has been displaced by Tropics eye balm. Another can't live without product which I have used for years, and I swear it is one good reason I am free of any lines around my eyes. I am spider's web free which is more than I can say for Mrs Satanfriendly's underwear. A superb balm even if I do sound a bit girly at this point.

20231212_141127.jpg

New kid on the block award

A new to me soap manufacturer this past year, York Swirling Soapery has rather warmed to my heart. So delighted with their Arabian Dreams I went out and bought every other soap they made.

The scents are quite sublime and as a soap they are certainly a quality product. Not the world's biggest tins for what you pay, but who cares? I don't as good products are worthy. I'm not worthy. Of anything

20231212_141750.jpg

Lifetime achievement award

I was going to award this to my granddaughters for the pleasure they bring, but unfortunately they are not very shaving related. And at times they are a right pair of scheming little shits placed on this world to torment grandfather's.

So my lifetime award just has to go to the stainless Mongoose. It may not be my choice razor of the year 2023, but it is probably my most reach for razor in the cabinet. It is a God. It shaves quickly, precisely, comfortably and most of all delivers a great shave time after time after time. Not loved by a number of SE shavers but not everyone has good taste. You heathens.

20231212_141528.jpg

And so finally we draw towards the end of my SPOTTY awards for this year and to finalise matters it is on to the minor (but equally important) prizes.....

Best SOTD's

It just has to be Barry, more affectionately known as @Palmolive fox

Who else would get up and shave at 2 in the morning on a Saturday just so he can claim the 'first entry of the week award?' And if it wasn't for the soapy fox and his shaving recipes I wouldn't have my themes, being as I just stole his idea and then made a shit Job of it all.

Best TSR member for 2023

For this 2023 my top member just has to be @mpf9ret

For what this member is going through he still manages to post enthusiastic and informative SOTD's. A top man. Keep them coming Mike

Best shaven tug boat skipper

Me

Worst tug boat skipper

Me

Best Japanese girly band of the year

Otoboke Beaver end of. This past year I finally got to see them live and they just blew my brains. They were everything and some more. Way beyond my expectations. In over 50 years of seeing live music they are up there in my top live bands of all time. Absolutely awesome

20230504_213401.jpg

Best Japanese girly band video

It remains the same as last year. No it's not the Beaver, it is those Pantyhose girls. If I'm feeling miserable this one really cheers me up. I always think, 'They love what they are doing', and just so happen to bang out this superb bit of happy music.

Best shaving forum

TSR all the way. I don't know the other forums and neither do I care for them. It's you folk who make this place a wonderful, charming, informative and an all round pleasant little corner of the Internet. Well done and roll on 2024

Happy shaving all the way you great people

So that concludes this year's award ceremonies and thank you for your time and for your votes. Which you never had.

Please do note these are only my thoughts in my own little shaving world. If you are in disagreement with my selections that is fine. I can pay you a visit and either break your legs or burn your house down. Feel free to be selective. ;)

And to the same do feel free to post your own selections for 2023.

In all honesty, you're the best

Scent of year (Continued)

My top dog scent for 2023 goes to M&S Spiced Amber. Originally I bought a small sample bottle for travelling and instantly hit by its sweet Amber note. So struck I went out and bought a 200ml bottle of the stuff. Now here is its killer point. It only cost £15. It doesn't have much of a longevity but at this price it allows it to be used as a main lighter scent, a background for layering or even a top class deodorant. A multi-purpose perfume. It even works in the local brothel but so does card or cash.

View attachment 114699

Pre shave product of the year

Water. A great simple and readily available product. Or in Toby's world, swamp water

Post shave product of the year

Again I could easily go for water, but that would be utterly unimaginative. Then again I am.

I do however love looking after my skin and it is often remarked how good my skin is for a 63 year old. My wife often remarks how I am just an old twat. From this angle I have always made sure I moisturise well and like a good splash of witch Hazel. In this sense the two marked products for this year are Nature Aids Witch Hazel and Tropics eye balm.

View attachment 114705

The Natures Aid Hazel I just cannot live without. I am a big believer that other than shaving correctly it has assisted so much in keeping rashes and blotches away for years. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same on Mrs Satanfriendly. I love its plain simplicity and unscented form. Witch Hazel may not be the most attractive aroma, but it doesn't last for long and it does a most wonderful job.

Being as this Witch Hazel has won my award a number of times before, this year it has been displaced by Tropics eye balm. Another can't live without product which I have used for years, and I swear it is one good reason I am free of any lines around my eyes. I am spider's web free which is more than I can say for Mrs Satanfriendly's underwear. A superb balm even if I do sound a bit girly at this point.

View attachment 114706

New kid on the block award

A new to me soap manufacturer this past year, York Swirling Soapery has rather warmed to my heart. So delighted with their Arabian Dreams I went out and bought every other soap they made.

The scents are quite sublime and as a soap they are certainly a quality product. Not the world's biggest tins for what you pay, but who cares? I don't as good products are worthy. I'm not worthy. Of anything

View attachment 114707

Lifetime achievement award

I was going to award this to my granddaughters for the pleasure they bring, but unfortunately they are not very shaving related. And at times they are a right pair of scheming little shits placed on this world to torment grandfather's.

So my lifetime award just has to go to the stainless Mongoose. It may not be my choice razor of the year 2023, but it is probably my most reach for razor in the cabinet. It is a God. It shaves quickly, precisely, comfortably and most of all delivers a great shave time after time after time. Not loved by a number of SE shavers but not everyone has good taste. You heathens.

View attachment 114708

And so finally we draw towards the end of my SPOTTY awards for this year and to finalise matters it is on to the minor (but equally important) prizes.....

Best SOTD's

It just has to be Barry, more affectionately known as @Palmolive fox

Who else would get up and shave at 2 in the morning on a Saturday just so he can claim the 'first entry of the week award?' And if it wasn't for the soapy fox and his shaving recipes I wouldn't have my themes, being as I just stole his idea and then made a shit Job of it all.

Best TSR member for 2023

For this 2023 my top member just has to be @mpf9ret

For what this member is going through he still manages to post enthusiastic and informative SOTD's. A top man. Keep them coming Mike

Best shaven tug boat skipper

Me

Worst tug boat skipper

Me

Best Japanese girly band of the year

Otoboke Beaver end of. This past year I finally got to see them live and they just blew my brains. They were everything and some more. Way beyond my expectations. In over 50 years of seeing live music they are up there in my top live bands of all time. Absolutely awesome

View attachment 114711

Best Japanese girly band video

It remains the same as last year. No it's not the Beaver, it is those Pantyhose girls. If I'm feeling miserable this one really cheers me up. I always think, 'They love what they are doing', and just so happen to bang out this superb bit of happy music.

Best shaving forum

TSR all the way. I don't know the other forums and neither do I care for them. It's you folk who make this place a wonderful, charming, informative and an all round pleasant little corner of the Internet. Well done and roll on 2024

Happy shaving all the way you great people

So that concludes this year's award ceremonies and thank you for your time and for your votes. Which you never had.

Please do note these are only my thoughts in my own little shaving world. If you are in disagreement with my selections that is fine. I can pay you a visit and either break your legs or burn your house down. Feel free to be selective. ;)

And to the same do feel free to post your own selections for 2023.

In all honesty, you're the best
Thanks for the shout..

Back
Top Bottom