shaving mugs recommendations

Depends what function you want it to perform really.

I like a Scuttle as I like warm lather especially this time of year , I tend to face lather but rest the brush in the scuttle, I do have a mug but only use it to soak the brush. If you like to bowl lather a bowl may be easier as sometimes a mug is a little small.

The final thing to be aware of is some soaps don't react well to being heated in a scuttle
yea you make good points, helps make it more clear for me

so in regards to soap its trial and error to find the best one for you?

also is it better to get the soaps with stuff like aloe vera and good stuff like that in? you know the more natural ones...

Chris, I bought a travel dog slow feeder bowl from Ebay and it is genuinely amazing. A little bit of soap/cream in the bottom and a few seconds with a Yaqi synth and it's a perfect lather everytime.

Best £3 or so I have ever spent on a shaving purchase!
are those plastic?

Russ raises an excellent point @saj1985

Before getting excited and buying everything you see related to shaving, what are you wanting to achieve? Let's go back to some baeics. Do you bowl or head lather? Do you have a preference for normal or warm lather? Do you use mentholated soaps?

just want the smoothest experience with the shave, i like it warm for sure, at the moment i do head lather but i want to try out bowl lathering too,
tbh i dont really have experience of that as ive never had a scuttle or any sort of shaving mug

ive only ever used shaving foams and creams, never used a soap/puck

£3 or so.

Put a blob of shaving cream in, add a few drops of water and you will have a perfect lather.

im intrigued, what gave you the idea to use a dogs food bowl? i wouldnt have ever thought of that lol

by the way does the material of the scuttle effect the way it lathers?
like better with glass compared to metal etc etc

im intrigued, what gave you the idea to use a dogs food bowl? i wouldnt have ever thought of that lol
No idea who first cottoned on to using dog bowl , but probably as a lot of scuttles or bowls have ridges or bumps in them then someone thought about trying it out . I was amazed at how easy it is to use and the lather that you get and how easy it is to clean

No idea who first cottoned on to using dog bowl , but probably as a lot of scuttles or bowls have ridges or bumps in them then someone thought about trying it out . I was amazed at how easy it is to use and the lather that you get and how easy it is to clean
plus its cheap and collapsible

Back
Top Bottom