Shaving gear box aka Treasure chest.

A while ago I have posted about a wooden box that I have acquired with intention to clean up a bit and use for storing the shaving gear. Finally work has started.

Today I’ve finally got round to sanding it down and putting a layer of wood darkening stuff (it’s in french so no clue what it says lol!). Came out a bit darker than expected but I do like it. Now to let it dry for 24 hours and then to lacquer it (was wondering about oiling it, but not sure how absorbent it’ll be)

here’s few pics of progress so far
D87ECA0B-8122-4D57-97D4-4526741B8B29.jpeg076C66BD-8E8B-49EC-8EA7-908340C2E4FB.jpegDCD4E50B-0D00-41C5-B721-ADDF18353D54.jpeg

A while ago I have posted about a wooden box that I have acquired with intention to clean up a bit and use for storing the shaving gear. Finally work has started.

Today I’ve finally got round to sanding it down and putting a layer of wood darkening stuff (it’s in french so no clue what it says lol!). Came out a bit darker than expected but I do like it. Now to let it dry for 24 hours and then to lacquer it (was wondering about oiling it, but not sure how absorbent it’ll be)

here’s few pics of progress so far
View attachment 72828View attachment 72829View attachment 72830
You're going to need a bigger box!
Good job though :)

Paul.

Looks nice mate..I really like the colour that it’s turned out ! enjoy your new shaving home you might need it for other purposes if your other half finds out about your newly found Creed habit lol
Thanks Jay! Same here - wasn’t expecting such a dark one so first moment when it was still wet it was a bit of a shock, but once it dried it has really nice colour! Lol yeah I really might! The plan is to keep fragrances in there too :)

Thanks Jay! Same here - wasn’t expecting such a dark one so first moment when it was still wet it was a bit of a shock, but once it dried it has really nice colour! Lol yeah I really might! The plan is to keep fragrances in there too :)
Yeh as much as it’s nice to have fragrances on display I don’t..I keep them at the back of a dark draw and have never had an issue with them going off best way to store most products I believe

Great idea, and it's turned out impressively. When you first posted about it on the other thread I hadn't imagined it was quite that big. That's a proper pirate treasure chest. You'll have to get some Extro Pirata to go in it. Love the idea of a false bottom! Perfect for hiding recently acquired 'contraband' or straight razors.

The old "lacquer merde du chien" works well!

Swmbo just saw me replying, gave me the look and said don't get any ideas

Great idea, and it's turned out impressively. When you first posted about it on the other thread I hadn't imagined it was quite that big. That's a proper pirate treasure chest. You'll have to get some Extro Pirata to go in it. Love the idea of a false bottom! Perfect for hiding recently acquired 'contraband' or straight razors.

The old "lacquer merde du chien" works well!

Swmbo just saw me replying, gave me the look and said don't get any ideas
Thank you! Yeah it is really decently sized, just used rub n buff on hinges (silver one since only got that and black) so for now it’ll have to do that way, maybe will get brass coloured one sometime soon.

haha might need to!

haha now you need to do make a hidden floor compartment instead !

and it’s done - once I buy rub n buff in brassy colour I’ll sort out the hinges to different colour. For now silver shall do :) pretty glad with the result. Packed all my gear there, but need to have a think how to make various compartments inside for the future
View attachment 72946
View attachment 72947
Trap Door GIF

Back
Top Bottom