Shaving bowl

Guess you can use any type and seen something nice in morrisons today for £3 (blue pattern bowl) but I treated myself to this one off etsy for £20. I like etsy things or make something myself if possible.
Also been looking at bowls with handles which maybe better for me vs this old style handle they find in archaeology digs. Could slip out hand maybe, time will tell. The base bumps do help the soap lather. Limited colours when bought but I like yellow.

Good point on a bowl with a handle. I started using a bowl with a handle, in fact an old shallow coffee mug, after hearing of a friends wife who dropped a jar of Clarins night cream over the wash basin and cracked it. The basin was obsolete couldn't be matched to the rest of the suite, cost him a fortune.

I looked at

PRORASO Professional Mug https://amzn.eu/d/h3JCOiH

Like a cup its a bit deep for me, but I seen it written the soap puck fits inside the proraso. That's makes sense.
Is that true?
Don't answer..Get in trouble for going off topic.

I really wanted a soap dish with bobbles to get a decent soap lather. My brush is naff so looking about now for new one, but definitely helps vs smooth bowl base I think.
Good shaving bowls are not for sale that I've seen as I'm always looking in shops. Never seen razor blades either. Probably with the disposable BBQs as looking for a one of them today.
I hope to find a shaving shop one day on my travels, don't think I've ever seen one though.

I looked at

PRORASO Professional Mug https://amzn.eu/d/h3JCOiH

Like a cup its a bit deep for me, but I seen it written the soap puck fits inside the proraso. That's makes sense.
Is that true?
Don't answer..Get in trouble for going off topic.

I really wanted a soap dish with bobbles to get a decent soap lather. My brush is naff so looking about now for new one, but definitely helps vs smooth bowl base I think.
Good shaving bowls are not for sale that I've seen as I'm always looking in shops. Never seen razor blades either. Probably with the disposable BBQs as looking for a one of them today.
I hope to find a shaving shop one day on my travels, don't think I've ever seen one though.

I have seen people get a good lather without a bowl, just using a little cream on a wet brush and 'pumping' the brush on the side of the wash basin. I know of others who don't pick up their bowl at all but just face lather or pump the wet brush into a soap bowl

So many different technique, just need to find whatever suits you best.

I bought a scuttle that you can put hot water in the jacket to get warm lather. Quite nice in winter but in all honesty I'm losing the patience with bowls and just go straight to my washed wet face with the loaded brush. I may whip up a little proto lather on top of the puck on my larger pucks. If you want the knobbly factor look on ebay for a cat/small dog 'slow feeder' silicone rubber bowl. They squash flat for travel, won't break if you drop it in the sink, and costs about a fiver. The exact same dog bowls marketed as 'travel shave bowls' on ebay by those who have cottoned on to the wet shave community's love of these will cost 50% more, no kidding, same bowl! Still peanuts though.

Back
Top Bottom