Shaving Bowl Recommendation

I have this from PAA, fill the outer jacket with hot water, lathers up well, maybe a bit wacky but I like it

All,

It came today and I used a random soap I had languishing around. I think it was the Dartmoor Soap Company. It worked an absolute treat. Lots of lather with relative ease.

I think I'll be shaving a lot more regularly now.

Best,

Ben

I don't bowl lather except for samples for extremely soft soaps. Have been through several and keep going back to this cheap but effective non breakable bowl.

A good selection here.

I too, have a 3D printed version. It seems to be okay, same sort of design - with soft ridges inside.
But always looking for something that is at least as effective and will look a bit nicer.
I don't mind sacrificing a bit of function for looks.

I bought a Yaqi shaving bowl. It's my first 'real' shave bowl as before I just used a wee bowl I made years ago when I had time for potting.
So I can only compare against my own made bowl or the Yaqi.
The Yaqi wins! Makes a great lather, but it is ceramic so it has some nice weight to it (yeah...don't drop it).
I face lathered for many years but now do quite like my new found lathering skills.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.3.64375166LwoZ0F

I am trying hard to resist buying a Maisy Plum bowl. Hand made copper/enamel with melted glass beads, so should survive bathroom mishaps and each is an individual work of art, and the beads help whip up a lather. They're about £35 which is a fair price for such a piece IMO, but just more than I want to spend on a bowl seeing as I already have a Qshave heated one and mostly face lather. Maybe if she's still making them I will get the Hotmetalette to get me one for Christmas. Kind of coveting one but not justifying it.

Last edited:
Some of my soaps are too soft to tub load and require smearing on the face or in a bowl. Then there's samples too. Only reason I have a bowl but they come in handy at times when you have more than 4 soaps :p :ROFLMAO:
I use hard soaps, or at least hard enough,... not wimpy squirty stuff,... I'll leave the smeary stuff for the girls. I use one soap at a time till it's gone, extras in the drawer don't give me a better shave.

Some of my soaps are too soft to tub load and require smearing on the face or in a bowl. Then there's samples too. Only reason I have a bowl but they come in handy at times when you have more than 4 soaps :p :ROFLMAO:
Are you getting too old to see your own words, what's with the large print? Or are you just big n bad? :LOL: :poop:

In my very limited experience, out of the three bowls I have it is the best. I have a Captain's choice copy (ceramic) and the two silicon/rubber ones mentioned earlier. I like the slickness of the ceramic but the larger ridges/bobbles/lumpy bits produce the lather much quicker/easier.
Can I ask what the ceramic captains choice copy is and where you got it please? I need a new one to try out.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom